Welcome to this tutorial on how to connect your Discord bot to an Aternos server! Discord bots are a great way to enhance your server’s functionality, and Aternos is a popular platform for hosting Minecraft servers. By connecting the two, you can automate various tasks and provide a seamless experience for your community.
Before we begin, make sure you have the following:
- Aternos Account: Sign up for an account on the Aternos website if you don’t already have one. This will be the server where your Discord bot will be connected.
- Discord Bot Token: If you haven’t created a bot yet, head over to the Discord Developer Portal, create a new application, and generate a bot token.
- Minecraft Server: Create or select an existing Minecraft server on Aternos that you want to connect your Discord bot with.
Step 1: Adding Your Bot to Your Discord Server
The first step is to invite your bot to your Discord server. Follow these steps:
- Create an Invite Link: Go to the “OAuth2” section in the Discord Developer Portal.
Under “Scopes,” select “bot” and under “Bot Permissions,” choose the required permissions for your bot. Copy the generated invite link.
- Add Bot to Server: Open a new tab and paste the invite link into it. Select your desired server from the drop-down menu and authorize access.
Step 2: Setting Up Webhooks
To connect your Discord bot to the Aternos server, we will use webhooks. Follow these steps:
- Create a Webhook: Open your Discord server settings, go to “Integrations,” and click on “Webhooks.”
Create a new webhook and customize it as needed.
- Copy Webhook URL: Once created, copy the webhook URL. We will use this in the next step.
Step 3: Configuring Aternos Server
Now, let’s configure your Aternos server to connect with your Discord bot:
- Access Server Settings: Log in to your Aternos account and go to the dashboard. Click on your desired Minecraft server.
- Navigate to Integrations: In the left sidebar, find and click on “Integrations.
- Add New Integration: Scroll down and click on “Add integration. “
- Select Webhook Integration: Choose the “Webhook” option from the list of available integrations.
- Paste Webhook URL: Paste the webhook URL you copied earlier from Discord into the provided field.
Step 4: Testing Your Connection
You’re almost done! Let’s test if everything is working correctly:
- Sending Messages: Open Discord and send a message in a channel that is linked to your Aternos server.
The message should appear in both Discord and Minecraft game chat.
- Minecraft Commands: In the Minecraft game chat, type a command that triggers your Discord bot. The bot should respond accordingly in the linked Discord channel.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your Discord bot to your Aternos server.
Now you can automate tasks, provide notifications, and enhance the overall experience for your community. Remember to customize and expand upon this foundation to suit your specific needs.
If you run into any issues or need further assistance, consult the documentation provided by Discord and Aternos. Happy botting!