When using Discord, you may find yourself needing to modify server settings. Whether you want to change the server region, manage roles and permissions, or adjust notification preferences, it is essential to know where to find these server settings. In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step on how to locate the server settings on Discord.
Accessing the Server Settings
To access the server settings on Discord, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open your Discord application and log in to your account if necessary.
- Step 2: On the left-hand side of the interface, locate and click on the server name that you wish to modify.
- Step 3: Once you have selected the desired server, look for a small cogwheel icon located at the bottom left corner of your screen. This is the “Server Settings” button.
- Step 4: Click on the cogwheel icon to open the Server Settings menu.
Your browser does not support SVG
Navigating Through Server Settings
The Server Settings menu provides various options for customizing your Discord server. Let’s take a closer look at each section:
- This section provides an overview of your server’s basic information such as its name, icon, member count, etc.
- You can change your server’s name and icon by clicking on the pencil icons next to each field.
- Here, you can manage the members of your server, including their roles and permissions.
- You can add new roles, modify existing ones, and assign specific permissions to each role.
- The Roles section allows you to create and manage different roles within your server.
- You can specify role names, colors, and permissions for each role.
- In this section, you can create new text or voice channels for your server.
- You can also modify the properties of existing channels or delete them if necessary.
- This section provides a detailed overview of the permissions assigned to each role within your server.
- You can adjust these permissions according to your preferences by clicking on the “+” or “-” buttons next to each permission category.
In addition to the sections mentioned above, there are additional settings available in the Server Settings menu:
This section allows you to change your server’s region. Changing the region may affect voice chat quality due to differences in server locations. Choose a region that is closest to where most of your members are located for optimal performance.
In this section, you can customize notification settings for your server. You have options like “All Messages,” “Only @mentions,” or “Nothing.” Pick the option that suits your preferences best.
Privacy & Safety:
Here, you can configure various privacy and safety settings for your server. You can enable or disable features such as “Allow Direct Messages from Server Members” or “Keep Me Safe Mode.”
Knowing how to access server settings on Discord is crucial for managing and customizing your server. By following the simple steps outlined in this tutorial, you will be able to navigate through the Server Settings menu effortlessly.
Remember to explore each section and customize the settings according to your preferences. Now go ahead and make your Discord server truly yours!