Are you looking to create a Discord server but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
In this article, we will guide you on where to find Discord server templates that can help kickstart your server’s setup and make it visually appealing. So let’s dive in!
What are Discord Server Templates?
Discord server templates are pre-made server setups that you can use as a foundation for your own server. They include various channels, roles, permissions, and settings that are commonly used in different types of servers. By using these templates, you can save time and effort in setting up your server from scratch.
Where to Find Discord Server Templates?
You might be wondering where you can find these ready-to-use templates. Well, there are a few places you can look:
- Discord Template Directories: Several websites and communities have directories dedicated to sharing Discord server templates. These directories allow users to browse through different categories and find templates that suit their needs. Some popular template directories include Disboard (https://disboard.org/templates) and Discordservers.me (https://discordservers.me/servers).
- Discord Servers: Many active Discord servers share their own custom-made templates with the community.
These servers often have specific themes or purposes, such as gaming communities or art groups. Joining these servers not only gives you access to their templates but also allows you to connect with like-minded individuals.
- Online Forums and Communities: Online forums like Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/) or Discord communities like Dev Community (https://dev.to/t/discord) are excellent places to discover shared knowledge and resources. These platforms have dedicated sections where users share their server templates, along with discussions and feedback.
How to Use Discord Server Templates?
Once you’ve found a template that interests you, follow these steps to use it:
- Make sure you have the necessary permissions: Before you can create a server using a template, ensure that you have the required permissions on Discord. If you’re not an admin or don’t have the necessary roles, contact the server owner/administrator for assistance.
- Click on the template link: When you find a template that catches your eye, click on its link to open it in Discord.
- Select a server to create: If you’re part of multiple servers, Discord will ask you to choose which server you want to create using the template. Select the desired server from the list.
- Review and customize: Once the template is applied, take some time to review its channels, roles, and settings.
Customize them according to your preferences and needs. You can add or remove channels, modify permissions, and adjust other settings as required.
- Create your server: After reviewing and customizing the template, click on the “Create” button. Discord will now create your new server based on the selected template.
Tips for Finding and Using Templates
Finding and utilizing Discord server templates can be an exciting process. To make it even more effective and enjoyable, consider these tips:
- Browse different categories: Template directories often categorize templates based on themes like gaming, education, or art. Explore different categories to find templates that align with your server’s purpose.
- Read reviews and comments: Before using a template, read reviews and comments left by other users.
This can give you insights into the template’s quality and potential areas for improvement.
- Customize to fit your community: While templates provide a great starting point, don’t forget to customize them to suit your community’s unique needs. Add additional channels or tweak roles and permissions as necessary.
- Stay engaged with the community: Joining Discord servers or online communities related to your server’s theme allows you to stay connected with others who share similar interests. It also provides opportunities to learn from experienced server owners.
With these resources and tips in mind, you’re now ready to explore Discord server templates and create an engaging server for your community. Happy templating!