Emojis have become an integral part of our online communication. They add a touch of emotion and personality to our messages, making them more engaging and expressive.
If you’re a Discord user, you might be wondering where to find emojis specifically for your Discord server. In this article, we will explore the various ways you can find and use emojis on Discord.
Using Built-in Emojis
Discord provides a collection of built-in emojis that you can use on your server. These emojis are available for all users, so they are a great starting point for adding some fun to your server conversations.
To use these emojis, simply type “:” followed by the emoji name. For example, typing “:smile:” will display a smiley face emoji.
Here are some examples of commonly used built-in emojis on Discord:
- :joy: – A laughing emoji
- :thumbsup: – A thumbs-up emoji
- :heart: – A heart emoji
- :fire: – A fire emoji
These built-in emojis are available across all servers on Discord and can be accessed by anyone who has the necessary permissions to send messages in the server.
Using Custom Emojis
In addition to the built-in emojis, Discord allows server administrators to upload custom emojis specifically for their servers. Custom emojis can be anything from unique expressions to popular memes or even logos related to your community or brand.
To upload custom emojis, you need to have the appropriate permissions within the server. Once you have the necessary permissions, follow these steps:
- Go to your Discord server.
- Click on the server name at the top left corner to open the drop-down menu.
- Select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Emoji”.
- Click on “Upload Emoji” and select the image file you want to use as an emoji.
- Give your emoji a unique name and click “Save”.
Once you’ve uploaded a custom emoji, you can use it in your server by typing “:” followed by the custom emoji name. For example, if you uploaded an emoji with the name “party”, typing “:party:” will display that custom emoji.
Using External Emoji Servers
If you’re looking for even more emojis for your Discord server, there are external websites and servers that offer a wide range of emojis for you to choose from. These websites often provide categories or search functionality to help you find the perfect emoji.
To use external emojis in your Discord server, follow these steps:
- Visit an external emoji website or server. Some popular options include Emojipedia, DiscordEmoji, and Emoji.gg.
- Browse through the available emojis or use the search feature to find specific emojis.
- Once you’ve found an emoji you want to use, right-click on it and select “Copy Image Address” or similar option.
- In your Discord server, type “:” followed by a word that describes the emoji you want to use.
- Paste the image address you copied earlier after the “:” and hit Enter.
Using external emojis can add a unique touch to your Discord server and help you express yourself in creative ways.
Emojis bring life and personality to our online conversations, and Discord makes it easy to find and use emojis on your server. Whether you’re using built-in emojis, uploading custom emojis, or exploring external emoji websites, there are endless possibilities to enhance your server’s communication.
So go ahead, get creative, and let the emojis add a little extra flair to your Discord server!