What Is the Fastest DNS Server in Australia?
When it comes to internet speed and performance, the DNS (Domain Name System) server plays a crucial role. The DNS server is responsible for translating the human-friendly domain names we type into our web browsers into IP addresses that computers can understand.
Having a fast and reliable DNS server can significantly improve your browsing experience, as it helps to quickly resolve website addresses.
Choosing the Right DNS Server
In Australia, there are several DNS servers to choose from. Each server has its own performance characteristics, and finding the fastest one can greatly enhance your internet speed. Here are some of the fastest DNS servers in Australia that you should consider:
1. Google Public DNS
Google Public DNS is known for its excellent speed and reliability. It’s a free service that aims to make the internet faster and more secure.
By using Google Public DNS, you can experience faster website loading times and improved overall performance.
2. Cloudflare DNS
Cloudflare is a well-known company in the cybersecurity industry, and their DNS service is no exception when it comes to speed and security. Cloudflare’s 1.1.1 DNS resolver offers low latency and high-performance results, making it an excellent choice for users in Australia.
OpenDNS is another popular choice for users looking for a fast and reliable DNS server in Australia. Their servers are strategically located worldwide, ensuring reduced latency and improved browsing speeds for users across different regions.
How to Change Your DNS Server?
Changing your DNS server settings in Windows or macOS is relatively easy:
- For Windows:
- Go to the Control Panel and click on “Network and Internet. “
- Select “Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on “Change adapter settings” on the left-hand side.
- Right-click on your active network connection and select “Properties. “
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click on “Properties. “
- Choose “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter the IP addresses of your preferred DNS servers.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
- For macOS:
- Go to “System Preferences” and click on “Network.”
- Select your active network connection from the left-hand side.
- Click on the “Advanced” button in the bottom right corner.
- Navigate to the “DNS” tab.
- Add your preferred DNS servers by clicking on the “+” button.
- Delete any existing DNS servers by selecting them and clicking on the “-” button. >
- Click “OK” to save the changes. >
Having a fast DNS server can greatly improve your internet browsing experience. In Australia, popular options like Google Public DNS, Cloudflare DNS, and OpenDNS are known for their speed, reliability, and security.
By changing your DNS server settings, you can take advantage of faster website loading times and improved overall performance. So why not give it a try?