What Is AdGuard DNS Server?
AdGuard DNS is a free and secure DNS server that offers an alternative way to block ads, protect your privacy, and increase your internet browsing speed. By using AdGuard DNS server, you can enjoy an ad-free online experience across all your devices without the need for any additional software or browser extensions.
Why Use AdGuard DNS Server?
AdGuard DNS server provides several benefits that make it a popular choice among internet users:
- Ad Blocking: AdGuard DNS server blocks all types of ads, including banner ads and pop-ups. This not only enhances your browsing experience but also reduces the risk of clicking on malicious advertisements.
- Enhanced Privacy: AdGuard DNS server prevents your personal data from being tracked by blocking various trackers and online analytics tools.
Your online activities remain private and protected.
- Faster Browsing: By blocking ads and trackers at the DNS level, AdGuard DNS server reduces the amount of data that needs to be loaded when you visit a website. This leads to faster page loading times and improved overall browsing speed.
How Does AdGuard DNS Server Work?
The working principle of AdGuard DNS server can be summarized in three simple steps:
- Request: When you enter a website address in your browser, your device sends a request to translate that address into an IP address. Typically, this request is sent to the default DNS server provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- AdGuard Intercept: Instead of forwarding the request to the default DNS server, you can configure your device to use AdGuard DNS server.
When you do this, AdGuard intercepts the request and checks its blocklists to determine if the website contains any ads or trackers.
- Response: AdGuard DNS server responds to your device’s request by either blocking the ad/tracker or providing the IP address of the requested website. The response is then sent back to your device, allowing you to access the website without any ads or privacy concerns.
How to Set Up AdGuard DNS Server?
Setting up AdGuard DNS server on your device is a straightforward process:
- Step 1: Open your device’s network settings.
- Step 2: Locate the DNS settings option.
- Step 3: Replace the default DNS server addresses with the AdGuard DNS server addresses:
- Step 4: Save the changes and restart your device if necessary.
Note that setting up AdGuard DNS server at the network level will apply the ad-blocking and privacy features to all devices connected to that network, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and smart TVs.
If you’re tired of intrusive ads and concerned about your online privacy, AdGuard DNS server offers a simple yet effective solution. By blocking ads at the DNS level, it enhances your browsing experience, protects your personal data, and improves internet speed across all devices on your network. Give it a try and enjoy a cleaner, faster, and safer online experience!