A verified Discord server is a server that has been officially recognized and confirmed by the Discord team. It signifies that the server is authentic and trustworthy, as it has met certain criteria set by Discord. In this article, we will explore what it means to have a verified Discord server and what benefits it brings.
What are the criteria for verification?
To become a verified server on Discord, you need to meet several requirements:
- Size: Your server must have a minimum of 1000 members.
- Activity: The server should demonstrate consistent activity and engagement.
- Content: The content within your server should comply with Discord’s Community Guidelines.
- Policies: You must have a clear set of rules and guidelines for your server members to follow.
The Benefits of Having a Verified Discord Server
A verified server comes with several advantages that can enhance your community’s experience:
1. Increased Credibility
A verified badge next to your server name adds credibility and legitimacy. It shows that your community has been acknowledged by Discord as reputable, which can attract more users to join.
2. Improved Server Discovery
A verified status can boost your visibility in search results and make it easier for new users to find your community. This can lead to an increase in member count and overall engagement.
3. Enhanced Moderation Tools
Verified servers gain access to additional moderation features that help maintain a safe environment for all members. These tools include better spam detection, advanced filters, and improved user management options.
4. Priority Support
Having a verified server grants you priority access to Discord’s support team. This ensures that any issues or concerns you may have are addressed promptly, allowing for smoother server management.
How to Apply for Discord Server Verification
If you meet the criteria mentioned earlier, you can apply for server verification by following these steps:
- Open Server Settings: Open your server settings by clicking on the server name in the top-left corner of Discord.
- Navigate to Verification: In the left sidebar, click on “Verification” under the “Moderation” category.
- Provide Required Information: Fill out the application form with accurate and detailed information about your server.
- Submit the Application: Once you have completed the form, click on the submit button to send your application to Discord for review.
Note that not all servers meeting the requirements will be accepted for verification. Discord evaluates each application thoroughly before making a decision.
A verified Discord server represents credibility, trustworthiness, and community recognition. It comes with several benefits that can enhance your server’s visibility and moderating capabilities. If you meet the requirements, consider applying for verification and take advantage of these privileges offered by Discord.