What Are Discord Server Templates?
If you’re a fan of online communities, chances are you’ve heard of Discord. It’s a popular platform that allows users to create and join servers where they can chat, voice call, and share media with others who have similar interests. One of the most exciting features offered by Discord is server templates.
What Are Server Templates?
Server templates are pre-built structures that allow users to create new servers quickly. These templates come with predefined channels, categories, permissions, and roles, making it easier for users to set up their servers without starting from scratch. It’s like having a blueprint for your server that saves time and effort.
Why Use Server Templates?
- By using server templates, you don’t have to spend hours setting up your server.
- The predefined channels and categories make it easier to organize your content.
- If you’re managing multiple servers or want consistency in design across different communities, server templates can be a lifesaver.
- You can create one template and use it as a base for all your future servers.
- If you want to share your server setup with others or collaborate on building a community with friends or colleagues, server templates provide an easy way to do so.
- You can export your server as a template and share it with others who can then import it into their own servers.
How to Use Server Templates
To use a server template, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and click on the ‘+’ button on the left sidebar to create a new server.
- Instead of starting from scratch, click on the ‘Create From Template’ option.
- Browse through the available templates or search for specific categories or keywords.
- Select a template that suits your needs and click on the ‘Use Template’ button.
- Customize the server name, icon, and other details as per your preference.
- Click on ‘Create’ to create your server based on the selected template.
Note that when you use a server template, it will overwrite any existing channels, categories, roles, and permissions in your server. Make sure to double-check before proceeding if you have any important data or configurations in place.
Creating Your Own Server Templates
If you’ve set up your server and want to save it as a template for future use or sharing with others, Discord allows you to create your own templates:
- Select the server you want to turn into a template from the left sidebar.
- Go to ‘Server Settings’ by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the server name.
- Navigate to the ‘Overview’ tab and click on ‘Create Template’ at the bottom of the page.
- Add a name and description for your template.
- Choose whether you want to include all channels or specific channels in your template. You can also choose whether or not to include roles in your template.
- Click on ‘Save Template’ once you’re done customizing.
Your template will now be saved and can be accessed by others who have the link or code to import it into their servers.
Discord server templates are a fantastic feature that simplifies the process of creating and sharing servers. Whether you’re a community manager, gamer, or simply someone who wants to connect with like-minded individuals, server templates can save you time and effort while ensuring consistency and promoting collaboration. So, next time you want to start a new Discord server, consider using a template for a hassle-free experience.