How Much Is an ARK Private Server?
If you’re a fan of the popular survival game ARK: Survival Evolved, you may have considered setting up your own private server. Hosting your own server allows you to have more control over the gameplay experience, including adjusting settings and inviting friends to join. But before diving into this endeavor, it’s important to understand the costs involved.
Server Hosting Options
When it comes to hosting an ARK private server, you generally have two options: renting a server or hosting your own. Let’s explore each option and its associated costs.
Renting a Server
If you don’t want the hassle of managing hardware and software yourself, renting a server is a convenient option. There are several hosting providers that specialize in ARK servers, offering various packages tailored to different player needs.
Prices for rented servers can vary depending on factors such as the number of slots (player capacity), server location, and additional features provided by the hosting company. On average, monthly costs for ARK private servers range from $10 to $30 per month.
Hosting Your Own Server
If you’re willing to take on the responsibility of managing your own hardware and software, hosting your own ARK server can be a more cost-effective option in the long run.
To host your own server, you’ll need a dedicated machine with sufficient resources to handle both running the game and accommodating players’ connections. The cost of setting up your own server largely depends on whether you already have a suitable machine or need to purchase one.
- Hardware: If you don’t already have a powerful machine capable of running ARK smoothly without impacting gameplay performance, you may need to invest in a new computer or upgrade your existing one. Prices for gaming PCs can vary greatly, ranging from a few hundred dollars to several thousand.
- Internet Connection: A stable and fast internet connection is crucial for hosting a reliable ARK server.
If you don’t have a suitable connection, you may need to upgrade your plan or switch to a provider that offers better speeds and lower latency.
- Electricity: Running a server 24/7 will consume electricity. While the exact cost depends on your location and the power consumption of your hardware, it’s important to factor this into the overall cost of hosting your own server.
Considering these factors, hosting your own ARK private server can have an upfront cost ranging from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on your hardware needs. However, once set up, you won’t have to pay monthly fees like with rented servers.
The Total Cost
To summarize, the cost of an ARK private server depends on whether you choose to rent or host your own:
- Rented Server: Monthly costs range from $10 to $30 per month, depending on the hosting provider and package.
- Hosting Your Own Server: Upfront costs can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars depending on hardware requirements. However, there are no recurring monthly fees once set up.
Ultimately, the decision between renting and hosting your own ARK private server comes down to personal preference and budget. Renting offers convenience but incurs ongoing costs, while hosting your own requires more initial investment but eliminates monthly fees in the long run.
We hope this article has provided you with a clear understanding of the costs involved in setting up an ARK private server. Happy gaming!