Are you a Fallout 76 enthusiast looking for the ultimate gaming experience? Then you’ve probably wondered how much it would cost to have your own private server. In this guide, we’ll explore the world of private servers in Fallout 76 and shed some light on the pricing.
Why Consider a Private Server?
Fallout 76 is an online multiplayer game set in a post-apocalyptic world where you can team up with friends or explore the vast wasteland alone. While playing on public servers can be exciting, having a private server offers several benefits:
- Full Control: With a private server, you have complete control over the game environment. You can customize settings, adjust difficulty levels, and even enable mods to enhance your gameplay.
- Privacy: Playing on a private server ensures that only your invited friends can join.
This creates a more intimate gaming experience and reduces the chances of encountering disruptive players.
- Lag-Free Experience: Public servers can sometimes suffer from lag due to high player traffic. By hosting your own server, you can enjoy smoother gameplay with reduced latency.
The Cost of Private Servers
Prior to September 2021, Bethesda charged players a monthly subscription fee called Fallout 1st to access private servers. However, they have since made private servers available for free to all players!
This change was met with great enthusiasm from the Fallout community as it eliminated the need for additional costs solely dedicated to accessing a private server.
The Benefits of Being a Fallout 1st Member
While private servers are now free for all players, becoming a Fallout 1st member still offers some exclusive perks that enhance your overall gaming experience:
- Private Worlds: Fallout 1st members have access to private worlds where they can play alone or invite up to seven friends to join them.
- Scrapbox: As a Fallout 1st member, you gain access to an unlimited storage container called the Scrapbox. This allows you to store an abundance of crafting materials without taking up precious inventory space.
- Survival Tent: Members also have access to the Survival Tent, a portable fast travel point with a stash, sleeping bag, and cooking station. It provides convenience during your wasteland adventures.
- Monthly Atoms: Lastly, Fallout 1st members receive a monthly allowance of Atoms, the in-game currency used for purchasing cosmetic items from the Atomic Shop.
In conclusion, private servers in Fallout 76 are now available for free to all players. However, becoming a Fallout 1st member grants additional benefits such as private worlds, unlimited storage, survival tents, and monthly Atoms. Whether you choose to enjoy the game on public servers or create your own private haven is entirely up to you!
So get ready to embark on new adventures with your friends or immerse yourself in solitary exploration by setting up your own private server in Fallout 76!