How Much Does Discord Server Cost?
Discord is a popular communication platform used by gamers, communities, and businesses alike. It allows users to create servers where they can chat, share media, and collaborate.
While Discord offers many features for free, there are additional options available for those looking for more advanced functionality. In this article, we will explore the various costs associated with running a Discord server.
Discord provides a range of features at no cost. These include:
- Voice and Video Calls: Users can make high-quality voice and video calls with their friends or community members.
- Text Chat: Discord offers multiple text channels within each server, allowing users to have separate conversations on different topics.
- File Sharing: You can easily share files, images, videos, and other media with others in your Discord server.
- Bots and Integrations: Discord supports various bots and integrations that can enhance the functionality of your server.
If you desire additional perks beyond what the free version offers, you may consider subscribing to Discord Nitro. Nitro is a premium subscription that costs $9.99 per month or $99.99 annually. Subscribing to Nitro provides the following benefits:
- Custom Emoji: With Nitro, you gain access to an extensive library of custom emojis that you can use across all servers.
- Increase Upload Limit: The file upload limit is increased from 8MB to 100MB for Nitro subscribers.
- Higher Quality Streams: Nitro users can stream at up to 1080p resolution and 60fps, compared to the maximum of 720p for free users.
- Profile Customization: Nitro allows you to personalize your profile with an animated avatar and a custom Discord tag.
In addition to Nitro, Discord offers another way to enhance your server: server boosting. Server boosting is done by Nitro subscribers who want to support a particular server they enjoy. Boosting a server costs $4.99 per month and provides the following benefits:
- Tiered Perks: As more members boost a server, it unlocks various perks such as higher audio quality in voice channels, increased streaming quality, and more emoji slots.
- Server Level: Each boost contributes towards increasing the server’s level, which unlocks additional perks like custom invite backgrounds and animated server icons.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, running a Discord server can be completely free or come with additional costs depending on your needs. The free version of Discord offers an impressive set of features that cater to most users’ requirements.
However, if you wish for added customization options, higher upload limits, or want to support your favorite servers through boosting, subscribing to Nitro or boosting servers comes at an additional cost. Consider your requirements and budget when deciding which features are worth paying for in order to create the ideal Discord experience for yourself and your community.