Discord has become one of the most popular platforms for communication among gamers and communities alike. With its robust features and user-friendly interface, it’s no wonder why so many people are flocking to create their own Discord servers.
However, one question that often arises is, “How much does a Discord server cost?” Let’s dive into the details and find out!
The Basics of Discord Server
Before we get into the cost aspect, let’s go over some basics of creating a Discord server. Discord offers two types of servers – free and paid.
The free version provides access to most features that an average user would need, such as voice and text chat, file sharing, and various customization options. On the other hand, the paid version, called “Discord Nitro,” unlocks additional perks for users who want more out of their server experience.
If you’re just starting out or running a small community, the free version of Discord should suffice. It offers a wide range of features that cater to most users’ needs without any cost involved. Some notable features include:
- Voice and Text Chat: Communicate with your community in real-time through voice channels or text channels.
- File Sharing: Share files with your members easily.
- Customization: Personalize your server with custom emojis, roles, and channel permissions.
- Bots: Add bots to automate tasks or enhance the functionality of your server.
If you’re looking for additional perks and enhanced features for your server, Discord Nitro might be worth considering. Nitro comes in two versions – Nitro Classic ($4.99/month) and Nitro ($9.99/month). Both versions provide benefits like:
- Higher Quality Audio: Enjoy better voice chat quality with improved audio codecs.
- Increased File Upload Limit: Upload larger files (up to 50MB for Nitro Classic and 100MB for Nitro) to share with your community.
- Custom Discord Tags: Customize your unique Discord tag with a chosen number and username.
- Nitro Server Boosting: Boost your server’s perks by using Nitro server boosts, which unlock additional features such as better audio quality, more emoji slots, and enhanced video streaming.
The Cost Breakdown
To summarize the cost breakdown, let’s take a look at the different pricing options available:
The free version of Discord provides access to most essential features without any cost involved. It’s ideal for small communities or those on a tight budget.
Nitro Classic ($4.99/month):
This subscription level offers additional perks like higher quality audio, increased file upload limits, and customizable tags. It’s suitable for users who want more out of their Discord experience but don’t need all the premium features.
Nitro takes it up a notch by unlocking all premium features, including boosted server perks. If you’re running a large community or want the best Discord has to offer, this is the plan for you.
In conclusion, creating a Discord server can be done entirely for free, thanks to the generous features provided in the free version of Discord. However, if you’re looking for additional perks and enhanced functionality, subscribing to Discord Nitro is a great option.
With various pricing tiers available, you can choose the plan that suits your needs and budget best. So, go ahead and create your Discord server today, whether it’s for gaming, community building, or any other purpose!