Returning ownership of a Discord server is a simple process that can be done by following a few easy steps. Whether you are transferring ownership to another member or reclaiming ownership for yourself, this tutorial will guide you through the process.
If you are looking to transfer ownership of your Discord server to another member, here’s how:
- Login to your Discord account: Open Discord on your preferred browser and enter your login credentials.
- Access Server Settings: Once logged in, navigate to the server for which you want to transfer ownership. Right-click on the server name in the left sidebar and select “Server Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to Members: In the Server Settings menu, click on the “Members” tab located on the left-hand side.
- Select Member: Scroll through the list of members and find the member whom you want to transfer ownership to.
Click on their name to open their profile.
- Assign Ownership: On the member’s profile page, click on the three-dot menu icon (⋮) located at the top right corner. From the dropdown menu, select “Transfer Ownership”. Confirm your decision when prompted.
Note: Be cautious when transferring ownership as this action is irreversible.
If you are looking to reclaim ownership of a Discord server that was previously owned by someone else, follow these steps:
- Login to your Discord account: Open Discord and log in using your account details.
- Request Ownership: Reach out to the current server owner and request them to transfer the ownership back to you. Communicate with them via direct messages or any other preferred method.
- Wait for Transfer: Once you have made your request, patiently wait for the current owner to initiate the ownership transfer process.
- Accept Ownership: Once the current owner initiates the transfer, you will receive a notification. Accept the ownership transfer by following the prompts and instructions provided in the notification.
If you encounter any issues during the ownership transfer process, here are some common troubleshooting steps:
- Contact Discord Support: If you experience technical difficulties or require further assistance, reach out to Discord Support. They can guide you through any complications you may encounter.
- Ensure Proper Permissions: Make sure that both you and the member whom you want to transfer ownership to have appropriate permissions within Discord.
Without sufficient permissions, transferring ownership may not be possible.
- Persistent Communication: Stay in close contact with all parties involved throughout the process. Clear communication will help resolve any misunderstandings or delays that might occur during ownership transfer.
Congratulations! You now know how to return ownership of a Discord server. Whether you are transferring it to another member or reclaiming it for yourself, these steps should assist you in successfully completing your goal.
Important: Be cautious when transferring or reclaiming ownership of a Discord server as it directly impacts its administration and control.