In this tutorial, we will learn how to make a RLCraft server private. Creating a private server ensures that only invited players can access and play on your server, adding an extra layer of security and exclusivity. Let’s dive into the process:
Step 1: Download RLCraft Server Files
To start, you’ll need to download the RLCraft server files from the official website or a trusted source. Make sure you have the latest version to ensure compatibility and access to the latest features.
Step 2: Set Up Port Forwarding
Before making your server private, you’ll need to set up port forwarding on your router. This enables external connections to reach your server through a specific port. To do this:
- Access Your Router Settings: Open your preferred web browser and enter your router’s IP address in the address bar. You can find this information in your router’s manual or by searching online.
- Find the Port Forwarding Section: Look for a section called “Port Forwarding,” “NAT,” or similar terms in your router settings.
- Add a New Port Forwarding Rule: Create a new rule by providing the necessary information, such as the local IP address of your computer running the RLCraft server and the port number (default is usually 25565).
Note: The process may vary depending on your router model. If unsure, refer to your router’s manual or contact customer support for assistance.
Step 3: Configure Server Properties
Now that port forwarding is set up, it’s time to configure some properties within the RLCraft server files:
- Open the Server Properties File: Locate the server properties file in the downloaded RLCraft server files and open it using a text editor.
- Set Server IP: Look for the “server-ip” line and replace the default value with your public IP address. This ensures that players can connect to your server from outside your local network.
- Set Server Port: Find the “server-port” line and enter the port number you set during port forwarding.
- Save Changes: Save the updated server properties file.
Step 4: Whitelist Players
To make your RLCraft server private, you can create a whitelist that only allows specific players to join. Follow these steps to set up a whitelist:
- Create Whitelist File: In your RLCraft server folder, create a new text file named “whitelist.txt”.
- Add Player Names: Open the whitelist.txt file and add each player’s Minecraft username on separate lines. Make sure to save the file after adding all desired players.
Step 5: Start Your Private RLCraft Server
You’re almost there! It’s time to start your private RLCraft server by following these steps:
- Navigate to Server Directory: Open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the directory where you saved the RLCraft server files.
- Start the Server: Enter the command or run the script provided with the server files to start your private RLCraft server.
Congratulations! You have successfully made your RLCraft server private. Only players on the whitelist will be able to join and enjoy the unique challenges and experiences that RLCraft offers.
Making your RLCraft server private adds an extra layer of security and allows you to create a more exclusive gaming experience. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can ensure that only invited players can access your server, providing a safer and more personalized gameplay environment.
Remember to regularly update your server files to stay up-to-date with the latest features, bug fixes, and security patches. Enjoy playing with your friends in this challenging Minecraft modpack!