How Do You Make a Private Server Tick 128 Cs Go?
Creating a private server with a tickrate of 128 in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is essential for competitive gameplay. A higher tickrate improves server performance, resulting in smoother gameplay and reduced latency. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to set up your own private server with a tickrate of 128 in CS:GO.
Step 1: Installing the Dedicated Server
To begin, you need to install the dedicated server software provided by Valve. This software allows you to host your own CS:GO server. Follow these steps:
- Download and Install SteamCMD: SteamCMD is a command-line tool used to download and update game servers. Visit the official Valve website and download SteamCMD for your operating system.
- Create a New Folder: Create a new folder on your computer where you want to store the CS:GO dedicated server files.
- Open SteamCMD: Launch SteamCMD and wait for it to update.
- Login to Steam: Enter your Steam username and password when prompted.
- Set Installation Directory: Use the following command to set the installation directory:
Replace “PATH_TO_YOUR_FOLDER” with the path to the folder you created in step 2.
- Install CS:GO Server Files: Use the following command to install the CS:GO server files:
app_update 740 validate
This command will download and install the necessary files for the server.
- Exit SteamCMD: Type “quit” and press Enter to exit SteamCMD.
Step 2: Configuring Server Settings
Now that you have installed the dedicated server, it’s time to configure the server settings. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Server Folder: Open the folder where you installed the CS:GO dedicated server files in step 1.
- Edit Server Configuration File: Locate the file named “server.cfg” and open it with a text editor.
- Set Tickrate to 128: In the server configuration file, add or modify the following line:
This command sets the tickrate of your server to 128.
- Save and Close: Save the changes you made to the server configuration file and close it.
Step 3: Starting Your Private Server
You are now ready to start your private server with a tickrate of 128. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to Server Folder: Open the folder where you installed the CS:GO dedicated server files in step 1.
- Launch Server: Run the following command to start your private server:
srcds -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type X +game_mode X +map MAP_NAME -tickrate 128
Replace “X” with the desired game type and mode. Replace “MAP_NAME” with the name of the map you want to play.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your own private server with a tickrate of 128 in CS:GO. You can now invite your friends to join and enjoy a smoother and more competitive gaming experience.