In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of creating a private server on Minecraft PS4. By creating your own server, you can play with your friends and have complete control over the environment. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Install Minecraft Server Software
To create a private server, you need to download and install the Minecraft server software on your computer or a dedicated server. Here’s how:
- Download the software: Go to the official Minecraft website and download the server software for your operating system.
- Install Java: Make sure you have Java installed on your computer as Minecraft requires it to run. If you don’t have Java, download and install it from the official website.
- Create a folder: Create a new folder on your computer where you want to store the Minecraft server files.
- Move the downloaded file: Move the downloaded Minecraft server file into the folder you just created.
Step 2: Configure Server Settings
Note: Before running the server for the first time, it’s important to configure some settings.
Edit Server Properties
To configure your server settings, follow these steps:
- Open server.properties file: Open the folder where you placed your Minecraft server files and locate a file named “server.properties”. Open it using a text editor.
- Edit properties: In this file, you can change various properties like game mode, difficulty level, maximum players, etc. Customize them according to your preferences.
- Save the changes: Save the file after making the desired modifications.
Step 3: Start the Server
To start your private Minecraft server, follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt/Terminal: Open the Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac/Linux) on your computer.
- Navigate to server folder: Use the “cd” command to navigate to the folder where you stored your Minecraft server files.
- Run the server: Type “java -jar minecraft_server.jar” (replace “minecraft_server.jar” with the actual name of your server file) and press Enter to start the server.
Step 4: Connect to Your Private Server
To connect to your private Minecraft server on PS4, follow these steps:
- Launch Minecraft on PS4: Launch Minecraft on your PS4 console and select “Play”.
- Select Multiplayer: On the main menu, select “Multiplayer” and then choose “Add Server”.
- Add server details: Enter a name for your server and input the IP address of your computer or dedicated server where you are hosting the Minecraft server. You can find your IP address by searching “what is my IP” in a search engine. Leave the port as default (25565) unless you changed it in the server properties.
- Select Join Server: After adding all the details, select “Join Server” to connect to your private Minecraft server.
Congratulations! You have successfully created and connected to your private Minecraft server on PS4. Now you can invite your friends to join and enjoy playing together in a customized environment.
Note: To allow your friends to connect to your private server, make sure you have port forwarding set up on your router. You may need to consult your router’s documentation or contact your internet service provider for assistance with port forwarding.