How Do You Make a Private Server in Insurgency: Sandstorm?
If you’re looking to enjoy a more personalized gaming experience with your friends in Insurgency: Sandstorm, creating a private server is the way to go. Having your own server allows you to have full control over the game settings, mods, and who can join. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the steps of setting up a private server in Insurgency: Sandstorm.
Step 1: Install Dedicated Server Software
To begin, you’ll need to install the dedicated server software provided by New World Interactive. This software allows you to host your own server and customize it according to your preferences. Follow these steps:
- Download the dedicated server software from the official Insurgency website.
- Extract the downloaded files to a location on your computer.
- Edit the configuration file (usually named “server.cfg”) using a text editor like Notepad++. This file will contain various settings for your server.
Step 2: Configure Server Settings
Now that you have installed the dedicated server software, it’s time to configure the settings for your private server. Open the configuration file and modify the following parameters:
- RCON Password: Set a password for remote administration. This allows you to control your server remotely using RCON tools.
- Password: Choose a password for players who want to join your private server.
Make sure it’s something secure and easy for your friends to remember.
- Max Players: Specify the maximum number of players allowed on your server. This will depend on your computer’s capabilities and internet connection.
- Server Name: Give your server a unique name that represents your gaming community or group of friends.
Step 3: Port Forwarding
In order for others to connect to your private server, you’ll need to set up port forwarding on your router. Here’s how:
- Access your router’s settings by entering its IP address in a web browser.
- Locate the port forwarding section in the router settings.
- Create a new port forwarding rule, specifying the game’s port (default is 27102) and your computer’s IP address.
Step 4: Start Your Server
You’re almost there! Now it’s time to start up your private server and invite your friends to join the game. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted the dedicated server software.
- Run the executable file specific to your operating system (e.g., “srcds.exe” for Windows).
- Your server is now up and running! Your friends can join by searching for your server’s name in the game’s server browser or by directly connecting using your public IP address and the game’s default port number (e., “connect YOUR_PUBLIC_IP_ADDRESS:27102”).
Congratulations! You have successfully created a private server in Insurgency: Sandstorm. Enjoy the game with your friends and explore the endless possibilities of customizing your own gaming experience.