Conan Exiles is an exciting multiplayer survival game that allows players to explore a vast open world and build their own empires. While the official servers provide a great gaming experience, many players prefer the flexibility and control of playing on a private server. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of setting up your very own Conan Exiles private server.
Step 1: Requirements
Before you start, there are a few things you need to have in place:
- A dedicated machine or a virtual private server (VPS) with enough resources to handle the game
- The Conan Exiles Dedicated Server tool, which can be downloaded from the Steam library
- A stable internet connection with port forwarding enabled on your router
Step 2: Installing the Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Tool
Once you have all the requirements ready, follow these steps to install the dedicated server tool:
- Launch Steam and go to your library
- In your library, click on “Tools” in the top menu bar
- Search for “Conan Exiles Dedicated Server” and click on it
- Click on “Install” to begin downloading and installing the tool
Step 3: Configuring Your Server Settings
After installing the dedicated server tool, it’s time to configure your server settings. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the installation directory of the Conan Exiles Dedicated Server tool.
By default, it is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles Dedicated Server
- Edit the file named “ServerSettings.ini” using a text editor of your choice
- Inside the file, you’ll find various settings that can be tweaked to your preference. For example, you can change the server name, password, player limit, and more
- Save the changes and close the file
Step 4: Port Forwarding
To allow players to connect to your private server, you need to configure port forwarding on your router. Here’s how:
- Access your router’s configuration page by entering its IP address in a web browser. The default IP address is often printed on the router itself
- Navigate to the port forwarding section of your router’s settings
- Add a new rule for TCP and UDP protocols with the following details:
- External Port: The port number that players will use to connect (default is 7777)
- Internal Port: The same port number as the external port (7777)
- Internal IP Address: The IP address of the machine running the dedicated server tool
- Save the changes and restart your router for them to take effect
Step 5: Starting Your Private Server
With all the settings in place, it’s time to start your Conan Exiles private server:
- Navigate back to the installation directory of the Conan Exiles Dedicated Server tool
- Double-click on “ConanSandboxServer.exe” to launch the server tool
Congratulations! Your private server is now up and running. Players can connect by searching for your server’s name in-game or by directly entering its IP address.
– To make your server stand out, consider customizing it further by adding mods. You can find mods on the official Conan Exiles Steam Workshop.
– Regularly backup your server data to prevent any loss in case of hardware failures or other issues. – Engage with your players and create a thriving community by setting up a Discord server or a forum where they can connect and communicate.
Now that you have learned how to set up a Conan Exiles private server, gather your friends, and embark on epic adventures together in the harsh world of Conan!