Are you new to Discord and wondering how to exit a server? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to gracefully exit a server in Discord.
Why Would You Want to Exit a Server?
Before we dive into the process, let’s first understand why you might want to leave a server. There could be several reasons:
- Limited Interaction: You may find that the server is not active or doesn’t align with your interests anymore.
- Too Many Notifications: If you’re receiving an overwhelming number of notifications from a particular server, it might be time to leave.
- Prioritizing Other Servers: Sometimes, you may need to manage your servers and focus on those that are more relevant to you.
The Steps to Exit a Server in Discord
Now that we understand why leaving a server can be beneficial, let’s walk through the steps:
- Login: Open Discord and log in with your credentials.
- Select Server: On the left-hand side of the screen, locate and click on the server name that you wish to exit. This will open up the server’s home page.
- Access Server Options: Look for the small down arrow icon (⌄) located next to the server name at the top left corner of the screen.
Click on it.
- Select Leave Server Option: From the dropdown menu that appears after clicking on the arrow icon, scroll down until you find “Leave Server” option. Click on it.
- Confirmation Prompt: A confirmation prompt will appear asking if you’re sure you want to leave the server. Read it carefully and, if you’re sure, click on “Leave Server” to confirm your choice.
And that’s it! You have successfully exited the server in Discord.
A Few Additional Things to Note
Before we conclude this tutorial, here are a few additional points to keep in mind:
- No Notification Control: After leaving a server, you won’t receive any further notifications from that server unless you join again.
- No Access to Channels: Once you exit a server, you will lose access to all its channels and content. Make sure to save any important information before leaving.
- You Can Always Rejoin: If you change your mind or want to rejoin a server later, you can always search for it using the Discord search function and rejoin with just a few clicks.
In this article, we learned how to exit a server in Discord. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can easily leave a server that no longer serves your needs or aligns with your interests.
Remember, leaving a server means no more notifications from that particular community and losing access to its content. However, rejoining is always an option if you change your mind!
We hope this tutorial was helpful for you. Happy Discord-ing!