Creating a Private Server on Minecraft PE
If you are an avid Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) player, you may have wondered how to create your own private server. Having a private server allows you to play with your friends or a specific group of people in a controlled environment. In this tutorial, we will explore the steps to set up your very own private server on Minecraft PE.
Step 1: Installing the Required Software
Before we begin, make sure you have the necessary software installed on your device. You will need two applications – Minecraft and PocketMine-MP.
Minecraft: This is the official game app that you can download from your device’s app store. Ensure that you have the latest version of Minecraft PE installed.
PocketMine-MP: This is a third-party server software that allows you to create and manage your own Minecraft PE server. You can download it from their official website (https://www.pocketmine.net/) or through alternative app stores like Aptoide.
Step 2: Setting up PocketMine-MP
To start setting up PocketMine-MP, follow these steps:
- Download and Install: After downloading PocketMine-MP, open the file to start the installation process. Follow the instructions provided by the installer to complete the installation.
- Create a New Server: Once installed, open PocketMine-MP and select “Create New World”.
Give your server a name and adjust any other settings according to your preferences.
- Server Configuration: Next, navigate to the “server.properties” file in your PocketMine-MP installation folder. Here, you can customize various aspects of your server, such as enabling PvP (Player versus Player) or adjusting game rules.
- Port Forwarding: To allow other players to connect to your private server, you will need to configure port forwarding on your router. Consult your router’s manual or search online for instructions specific to your router model.
Step 3: Connecting to Your Private Server
Now that your private server is up and running, it’s time to connect and invite your friends to join. Follow these steps:
- Launch Minecraft PE: Open the Minecraft PE app on your device.
- Select “Play”: On the main screen, tap on “Play”.
- Add Server: In the Servers tab, tap “Add Server” and enter a name for your server.
- Enter Server Details: Fill in the IP address and port number of your private server. The IP address can be found by searching “my IP address” on any search engine. The default port for PocketMine-MP is 19132.
- Connect: Tap “Add” to save the server details, then tap on the newly added server in the list to connect.
Note: Ensure that all players who wish to join have installed Minecraft PE and are connected to the same network as the private server.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a private server on Minecraft PE. Enjoy playing with your friends in a personalized gaming experience that you control.
In conclusion, setting up a private server for Minecraft PE is an exciting endeavor that allows you and your friends to enjoy a customized gaming environment. By following these steps and using PocketMine-MP, you can create a dedicated space where you can build, explore, and have fun together. So gather your friends, get creative, and embark on new adventures in your very own private Minecraft world!