Matlab Web App Server is a powerful tool that allows you to deploy your Matlab applications as web apps. This means that you can share your applications with others and they can access them through a web browser, without needing to have Matlab installed on their own computers. In this article, we will explore how to use the Matlab Web App Server and get started with deploying your own web apps.
Before we dive into the details of using the Matlab Web App Server, there are a few prerequisites that you need to take care of:
- Ensure that you have a valid Matlab license and the necessary toolbox for deploying web apps.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection, as the server needs to communicate with the client browsers.
To install the Matlab Web App Server, follow these steps:
- Launch your Matlab application.
- Navigate to the “APPS” tab in the toolbar.
- In the search bar, type “Matlab Web App Server” and select it from the results.
- A new window will open; click on “Install” to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and accept any license agreements if prompted.
- Once installed, you can find the Matlab Web App Server in your list of installed apps under “APPS”.
Creating a Web App
To create a web app using Matlab Web App Server:
- Open your Matlab application and navigate to the “APPS” tab in the toolbar.
- Click on the “Matlab Web App Server” app to launch it.
- In the Matlab Web App Server window, click on “New” to create a new web app.
- You will be prompted to select a Matlab file (.m) that contains the code for your web app. Choose the appropriate file and click on “Open”.
- The Matlab code will be loaded into the web app editor. Here, you can customize the user interface, define input parameters, and specify output displays.
- Once you are satisfied with your changes, click on “Save” to save your web app.
Deploying Your Web App
After creating and saving your web app, you are ready to deploy it:
- In the Matlab Web App Server window, click on “Deploy” to initiate the deployment process.
- You will be prompted to specify deployment settings such as server location, port number, and authentication options. Customize these settings according to your requirements.
- Click on “Deploy” to start deploying your web app.
- The deployment process may take a few moments. Once completed, you will receive a unique URL that can be shared with others.
Accessing Your Web App
To access your deployed web app:
- Share the unique URL provided by the Matlab Web App Server with others who want to access your web app.
- Users can open their preferred web browser and enter the URL in the address bar.
- The web app will load in their browser, and they can interact with it just like any other web application.
With the Matlab Web App Server, you can easily deploy your Matlab applications as web apps and share them with others. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create, deploy, and access your own web apps. Remember to consider customization options and user interface design to enhance the user experience of your web app.