Before we dive into custom scripting, make sure you have the following:
- An active Boomi account
- An integration process where you want to apply custom scripting
Step 1: Adding a Scripting Shape
The first step is to add a Scripting shape to your integration process. To do this:
- Open your integration process in Boomi.
- In the component palette, locate the “Scripting” section.
- Drag and drop the Scripting shape onto your integration process canvas.
Note: You can add multiple scripting shapes to your process if needed.
Step 2: Configuring the Scripting Shape
Once you have added a Scripting shape, you need to configure it with your custom script. To configure the Scripting shape:
- Double-click on the Scripting shape to open its properties.
Tip: Boomi provides a rich set of built-in functions and objects that you can use in your scripts. Make sure to refer to the Boomi documentation for more details on available functions and objects.
Step 3: Script Execution
Once you have configured the Scripting shape with your custom script, it will be executed when the integration process runs. The script can manipulate data, perform calculations, call external APIs, or perform any other actions as needed.
If you want to transform data in your integration process, you can use custom scripting to manipulate the data before passing it to the next shape. Here’s an example script that converts a string to uppercase:
// Groovy Example def inputData = process.getProperty("inputData") def transformedData = inputData.toUpperCase() process.setProperty("transformedData", transformedData)
This script retrieves the input data from a process property, converts it to uppercase using the “toUpperCase()” function, and then sets the transformed data as another process property.
Please exercise caution when writing custom scripts:
- Ensure your script is error-free by testing it thoroughly before deploying it in a production environment.
- Avoid writing long and complex scripts that may impact performance.
- Follow best practices and coding standards for the scripting language you are using.
In this tutorial, we explored how to use custom scripting on Boomi. We learned how to add a Scripting shape, configure it with custom scripts, and execute the scripts within an integration process. Custom scripting provides flexibility and empowers users to extend Boomi’s capabilities according to their specific needs.
By incorporating custom scripting into your integrations, you can unlock endless possibilities and achieve seamless data transformations, calculations, and integrations between various systems.