If you’re an avid Discord user, you might be familiar with the concept of boosting a server. Boosting a server on Discord grants various perks and benefits to both the server owner and the members.
However, there might come a time when you no longer wish to boost a particular server. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to unboost a server on Discord.
What Does Boosting a Server Mean?
Before we delve into unboosting, let’s quickly understand what it means to boost a server on Discord. Boosting is essentially a way for users to support their favorite servers by providing additional features and benefits.
When you boost a server, you unlock perks such as improved audio quality, custom emojis, enhanced video streaming, and more. Additionally, boosting also helps the server reach higher levels which unlock even more perks for everyone in the community.
How to Unboost a Server
If you wish to unboost a server that you previously boosted on Discord, follow these simple steps:
- Launch Discord: Open the Discord application on your computer or mobile device and log in with your credentials.
- Select Server Settings: Locate the server that you want to unboost in your list of servers and right-click on its name. From the context menu that appears, select “Server Settings. “
- Navigate to Boosts: In the left-hand menu of the Server Settings window, click on “Boosts. “
- Manage Boosts: On the Boosts page, you will see an overview of all current boosts for that specific server.
Locate your username in the list of boosters and click on it.
- Unboost the Server: A new window will open displaying your current boost level and the option to unboost. Click on the “Unboost” button to proceed.
- Confirm Unboost: Discord will prompt you with a confirmation message to ensure that you want to unboost the server. Review the information and click on “Confirm” to finalize the unboosting process.
Note: It’s important to remember that once you unboost a server, you will lose all the perks associated with boosting. Additionally, if you were the only booster, the server might also lose certain level-based benefits until other members boost it again.
In this tutorial, we covered how to unboost a server on Discord. Boosting servers is a great way to support your favorite communities, but if you ever decide that you no longer want to boost a particular server, simply follow the steps outlined above.
Remember, boosting is entirely voluntary, and you can always choose which servers you want to support. By understanding how to unboost a server, you have full control over your boosting preferences on Discord.