Welcome to this tutorial on how to start a video call on Discord server. Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to chat, voice call, and even video call with friends and communities.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps of starting a video call on Discord server. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Launch Discord
To begin, make sure you have the Discord application installed on your device. Launch the application and log in to your account.
Step 2: Join or Create a Server
In order to start a video call, you need to be part of a server. If you are already a member of a server where you want to initiate the video call, skip to Step 3. Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Create a Server: Click on the ‘+’ icon located at the left sidebar of the Discord window and select “Create a Server”. Enter the desired server name and choose an appropriate region.
Click “Create” to finish creating your server.
- Join an Existing Server: If you want to join an existing server instead, click on the ‘+’ icon and select “Join a Server”. Enter the invite link provided by the server admin and click “Join” to become part of that server.
Step 3: Navigate to Voice Channels
Once you are in your desired server, locate the list of voice channels on the left sidebar. These channels are usually grouped under categories such as “General”, “Gaming”, or “Chat”. Find a voice channel where you want to initiate the video call.
If there are no voice channels available or if there is no voice channel suitable for a video call, you can create a new voice channel specifically for video calls. To do this, right-click on the server name and select “Create Channel”.
Choose “Voice Channel” as the channel type and enter a name for your video call channel. Click “Create Channel” to finalize.
Step 4: Initiate the Video Call
Once you are in the voice channel where you want to start the video call, simply click on the camera icon located at the bottom left corner of the Discord window. This will initiate a video call in that particular voice channel.
If this is your first time using video calling on Discord, you may be prompted to grant permission to access your camera and microphone. Allow access to proceed with the video call.
Step 5: Invite Participants
After starting the video call, you can invite participants to join by sharing an invite link. To do this, click on the user icon located at the bottom right corner of the Discord window. This will open up a list of users who are currently online on that server.
Note: You can only invite users who are part of the server where you initiated the video call.
- Select and right-click on a user’s name from the list.
- From the context menu, choose “Invite to Watch” or “Invite to Join Video Call”, depending on your version of Discord.
- A unique invite link will be generated. Click “Copy” and share this link with other users through chat or any other desired method.
You have successfully learned how to start a video call on Discord server. With these simple steps, you can now enjoy video calling with your friends and communities on Discord. Happy chatting!
Remember, Discord offers many other features to enhance your communication experience, so don’t hesitate to explore and make the most out of this versatile platform.