How Do I Reset My HP Embedded Web Server Password?
Forgetting the password to your HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) can be frustrating, especially when you need to access important settings or perform maintenance tasks. Fortunately, resetting the password is a straightforward process. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to reset your HP EWS password.
Step 1: Accessing the HP EWS
To begin, make sure that your computer is connected to the same network as your HP printer. Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your printer in the address bar. The IP address can usually be found on the printer’s display or by printing a network configuration page.
Note: If you are unsure about how to find the IP address of your printer, refer to its user manual or contact HP support for assistance.
Step 2: Logging In
Once you have entered the IP address in your browser’s address bar, press Enter. This will open the login page of the HP EWS. You will be prompted to enter your username and password.
If you have never changed the default login credentials, use “admin” as both the username and password. However, if you have previously changed them and cannot remember what they are, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Resetting Your Password
If you cannot recall your current password or need to reset it for security reasons, follow these steps:
- 1. On the login page of the HP EWS, click on “Forgot Password?” or a similar link.
- 2. You will be redirected to the password reset page. Enter your email address associated with the HP EWS account and click “Submit” or similar.
- 3. Check your email inbox for a password reset email from HP.
- 4. Open the email and click on the provided link to reset your password.
- 5. Follow the instructions on the password reset page to create a new password for your HP EWS account.
Note: If you do not receive an email from HP, make sure to check your spam or junk folders.
Step 4: Logging In with Your New Password
After successfully resetting your password, return to the login page of the HP EWS. Enter your username (usually “admin”) and your new password. Click “Login” or similar to access the HP EWS.
Tips for a Secure Password
To ensure the security of your HP EWS account, consider these tips when creating a new password:
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Add numbers and special characters.
- Avoid using common words or easily guessable sequences.
By following these guidelines, you can help protect your printer’s settings and sensitive information from unauthorized access.
In this tutorial, we have learned how to reset our HP Embedded Web Server password in case we forget it or need to enhance security. Remember to always keep your password secure and avoid sharing it with unauthorized individuals.
By resetting your HP EWS password, you can regain access to crucial printer settings and ensure the protection of your device’s configuration.