Discord servers are a great way to connect with your community and share content. If you want to enhance your server’s experience by playing YouTube videos, you’ve come to the right place! In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps of playing YouTube on a Discord server.
Before we dive into the process, make sure you have the following:
- A Discord server where you have administrative privileges
- A bot added to your server (such as Dyno or Rythm)
Step 1: Invite the Bot to Your Server
The first step is to invite a bot that can play YouTube videos on your Discord server. You can find popular bots like Dyno or Rythm on top.gg or discord.bots.gg. Once you’ve decided which bot to use, follow these steps:
- Go to the website where the bot is hosted.
- Click on the “Invite” button.
- Select your Discord server from the drop-down menu.
- Grant necessary permissions for the bot.
- Complete any additional verification steps if required.
Step 2: Set Up YouTube Integration
To enable YouTube integration with your chosen bot, follow these instructions:
Rythm Bot Integration
- Type “@Rythm#3722 settings” in any text channel on your Discord server.
- An embed will appear with various settings options. Click on “Song Requests“.
- In the song request settings, click on “YouTube“.
- Make sure the YouTube integration is enabled by checking the toggle button.
- You can also configure other options like the maximum duration of YouTube videos or whether to include live streams.
- Once you’ve made your desired changes, click on “Save Changes“.
Dyno Bot Integration
- Type “?autoplay” in any text channel on your Discord server.
- A prompt will appear with a link to enable Dyno’s autoplay feature. Click on it.
- You’ll be redirected to the Dyno website. Scroll down and find the “YouTube” section.
- Click on “Login with Discord” and authorize Dyno to access your account.
- Select your server from the list and click on “Authorize“.
- Dyno will now be integrated with YouTube on your Discord server.
Step 3: Playing YouTube Videos
Now that you have successfully set up YouTube integration with your bot, it’s time to play some videos! The process varies slightly depending on the bot you’re using:
Rythm Bot Usage
To play a YouTube video using Rythm bot:
- Type “+play [YouTube video URL]” in any text channel.
- Rythm bot will join a voice channel (if not already) and start playing the requested video.
Dyno Bot Usage
To play a YouTube video using Dyno bot:
- Type “?play [YouTube video URL]” in any text channel.
- Dyno bot will join a voice channel (if not already) and start playing the requested video.
That’s it! You’ve successfully learned how to play YouTube videos on your Discord server.
Now you can enjoy watching and listening to your favorite content with your community. Have fun!