Are you looking to make your Discord server stand out and look visually appealing? With a few simple HTML styling elements, you can transform your server into an eye-catching and engaging space for your community. In this tutorial, we will explore various techniques to make your Discord server look good.
1. Customizing the Server Name
One of the easiest ways to make your Discord server look good is by customizing its name.
Use the <b> tag to make certain parts of the name bold and <u> tag to underline specific words or phrases. For example, if your server is called “Awesome Gamers,” you can write it as “Awesome Gamers” to make it more visually appealing.
2. Choosing an Eye-Catching Server Icon
The server icon is the first thing users see when they join your Discord server.
Use a visually appealing image that represents your server’s theme or purpose. You can also use HTML styling elements like <b>, <u>, and even <i> for italics in the icon’s title or any accompanying text.
3. Organizing Channels with Categories
If you have multiple channels in your Discord server, organizing them into categories can greatly enhance the overall look and feel. Use
subheaders to create category names and add a brief description using regular text within a
tag underneath each subheader.
Tips & Tricks
- Create categories based on topics or activities (e.g., “General Chat,” “Gaming,” “Artwork,” etc.)
- Use emoji icons within the category names to make them more visually appealing and easily recognizable
- Add a custom color to each category using Discord’s role customization feature. Use the <b> and <u> tags to stylize the category names within the role customization options.
4. Utilizing Text Channels Styling
In addition to organizing your channels with categories, you can also style individual text channels using HTML elements. For example, you can use the <b> tag to emphasize important channel names or use different colors for each channel’s name using Discord’s role customization feature.
Pro Tip: Channel Descriptions
Add a brief description to each text channel by editing its topic. This will help users understand the purpose of each channel and make your server look more organized.
5. Customizing Roles and Permissions
To enhance your Discord server’s visual appeal, customize roles using HTML styling elements like <b>, <u>, and even <i>. You can assign these customized roles to specific members or groups within your community.
Tips for Role Customization:
- Create unique roles for moderators, admins, or special members with customized colors and permissions
- Use different font styles, like bold or italics, in role names for added visual impact
- Add emojis next to certain roles as visual indicators (e., game controller emoji for gamers, brush emoji for artists, etc.)
By applying these HTML styling elements throughout your Discord server, you can create an engaging and visually appealing space for your community. Remember to experiment with different styles and have fun customizing your server!