Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to connect with each other through voice, video, and text. One of the key features of Discord is the ability to make video calls on a server. Whether you want to have a virtual meeting with your team or catch up with friends, making a video call on Discord is quick and easy.
Step 1: Launch Discord
To get started, open the Discord application on your computer or launch it from your web browser. Make sure you are logged in to your Discord account.
Step 2: Join a Server
If you’re not already in a server, you’ll need to join one to make a video call. You can either join an existing server that you’re a member of or create your own server.
To join an existing server, click on the plus icon (+) next to the server list on the left-hand side of the screen. Then, enter the invite code or select from the list of recommended servers.
Step 3: Navigate to Voice Channels
Once you’re in a server, locate the voice channels section. Voice channels are usually displayed under different categories such as “General,” “Text Channels,” or “Voice Channels.” Click on one of the voice channels where you want to initiate the video call.
Step 4: Start Video Call
Once you’ve entered a voice channel, look for the video camera icon at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on it to start a video call in that channel.
- If this is your first time using video calls on Discord, you may be prompted to grant permission for Discord to access your camera and microphone. Make sure to allow access for a smooth video call experience.
- If you are using Discord in a web browser, you may need to install the Discord application to enable video calls.
Step 5: Invite Participants
Once you’ve started the video call, you can invite other participants to join. You can do this by sharing the unique invite link generated by Discord or by directly inviting people from your friends list. To invite participants, click on the “Invite” button usually located at the top of the screen or within the call settings menu.
Step 6: Customize Video Call Settings
Discord provides various options to customize your video call settings according to your preferences. You can adjust settings such as camera resolution, microphone input, and speaker output volume. To access these settings, click on the gear icon usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen during a video call.
Tips for a Great Video Call Experience on Discord:
- Use a stable internet connection: A stable internet connection ensures smooth audio and video quality during your calls.
- Test your audio and video: Before joining an important video call, make sure your microphone and camera are working properly by testing them in Discord’s voice settings.
- Mute yourself when not speaking: If you’re in a large group call or experiencing background noise, consider muting yourself when you’re not actively speaking to avoid distractions.
- Use headphones: Using headphones can help eliminate echo and feedback during your calls, resulting in clearer audio for both you and others on the call.
Making a video call on Discord is an excellent way to connect with others, whether for work or leisure. By following these steps and utilizing Discord’s features, you can have seamless video calls with your friends, colleagues, or community members.