Are you looking to customize your Discord server by adding a unique server icon? Your server icon is the first thing people see when they join your server, so it’s important to make it visually appealing. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of creating a Discord server icon.
Choosing the Right Icon
Before we dive into how to create a server icon, let’s talk about choosing the right icon. Your server icon should represent the theme or purpose of your server. Whether it’s a gaming community, an art group, or a study group, your icon should reflect that.
Tip: Keep the size in mind when selecting an icon. Discord recommends using a square image with dimensions of at least 512×512 pixels for best results.
Creating an Icon
Now that you have an idea of what you want your server icon to look like, let’s create one!
1. Use Graphic Design Software
If you’re familiar with graphic design software like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, you can create a custom server icon by following these steps:
- Create a New Document: Start by creating a new document with dimensions of at least 512×512 pixels.
- Add Your Design: Use various tools and effects to create your desired design. Remember to keep it simple yet eye-catching.
- Save and Export: Once you’re satisfied with your design, save your file in a suitable format such as PNG or JPEG.
2. Use Online Image Editors
If you don’t have access to graphic design software or prefer something simpler, you can use online image editors like Canva or Pixlr. Here’s how:
- Select Template: Choose a template that suits your server’s theme or start with a blank canvas.
- Add Elements: Customize the template by adding text, shapes, and other elements. Don’t forget to make it unique!
- Download the Icon: Once you’re done editing, download the image in a suitable format.
Setting Your Server Icon
Now that you have your server icon ready, it’s time to set it as your Discord server icon.
1. Open Discord Server Settings
To get started, open Discord and navigate to your server. Click on the server name at the top left corner to open the dropdown menu, then select “Server Settings”.
2. Choose Server Overview
In the left sidebar, click on “Overview” under the “Settings” category.
3. Upload Your Icon
In the “Server Overview” section, you’ll find an option to change your server icon. Click on “Upload Icon” and select the file from your computer.
Note: Make sure to follow Discord’s guidelines for acceptable file types and sizes.
4. Preview and Save
Your new server icon will be displayed in a preview window.
Take a moment to review how it looks. If you’re satisfied with the result, click on “Save Changes” to apply it as your server icon.
Congratulations! You now know how to create and set a server icon for your Discord server.
Remember, a visually appealing server icon can make a great first impression and attract more members to your community. So, take your time, be creative, and design an icon that represents your server’s unique identity.