Are you looking to connect your Discord server to your website? Look no further!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of linking your Discord server to your website in a few simple steps. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Create a Widget for Your Discord Server
If you want to display information about your Discord server on your website, you’ll need to create a widget for it. Follow these steps:
- Open Discord Settings: Open your Discord application and click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner of the window.
- Navigate to Server Settings: In the settings menu, find and click on “Server Settings. “
- Select Widget: From the left sidebar, select “Widget.
- Customize Widget: Here, you can customize how the widget will appear on your website. You can choose between a server invite or an online presence widget.
- Copy Widget Code: Once you are satisfied with the customization options, click on the “Copy” button next to the widget code.
Step 2: Embedding the Widget Code in Your Website
To display your Discord server on your website, you need to embed the widget code that you copied earlier. Follow these steps:
- Edit Your Website’s HTML: Open the HTML file of your website in a text editor or an HTML editor.
- Paste Widget Code: Find the section where you want to display your Discord server information and paste the widget code there. Make sure to place it within appropriate HTML tags, such as a
- Save Changes: Save the changes to your HTML file and upload it to your web server.
Step 3: Styling Your Embedded Widget
If you want to style the appearance of your embedded Discord widget, you can use CSS. Here’s how:
- Create a CSS File: Create a new CSS file or open an existing one.
- Select the Widget Container: Identify the container element for your embedded widget using its class or ID.
- Add Styling Rules: Use CSS properties like color, font-size, and background-color to style the widget container and its contents. You can also Target specific elements within the widget using descendant selectors.
- Link CSS File: Link the CSS file to your HTML file by adding a link tag in the head section of your HTML document.
Step 4: Preview and Test Your Website
You’re almost done! Now it’s time to preview and test your website to see if the Discord server is properly linked.
Open your website in a browser and navigate to the page where you embedded the Discord widget. Make sure everything looks as expected and that the server information is displayed correctly.
In this tutorial, we covered how to link your Discord server to your website. We walked through creating a widget for your Discord server, embedding it into your website’s HTML code, styling it with CSS, and finally previewing and testing it.
Now you can showcase information about your Discord server on your website for all visitors to see. Happy linking!