How Do I Get Animated Discord Server Icon for Free?
If you’re looking to add a little extra flair to your Discord server, one way to do so is by having an animated server icon. An animated server icon can help your server stand out and catch the attention of potential members. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of getting an animated Discord server icon for free.
Step 1: Creating Your Animated Icon
To begin, you’ll need to create your desired animated icon. There are various software tools available that allow you to create and export animated images, such as Adobe Photoshop or online platforms like GIPHY.
Once you have created your animated icon, make sure it meets the requirements set by Discord. The recommended size for a server icon is 512×512 pixels, and the file format should be either GIF or APNG.
Step 2: Hosting Your Animated Icon
To use your animated icon on Discord, you’ll need to host it online. There are several free image hosting websites that allow you to upload and share images with others.
Here are a few popular options:
Uploading Your Animated Icon
After selecting your preferred image hosting website, follow their instructions to upload your animated icon file. Make sure to keep the direct link or URL of the uploaded image handy as we will need it in the next step.
Step 3: Setting Your Animated Icon on Discord
Now that your animated icon is hosted online, it’s time to set it as your server icon on Discord.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Log in to your Discord account and navigate to the desired server.
- Click on the server name at the top left corner of the screen to open the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Server Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the left sidebar, click on ‘Overview’ under ‘Server Settings.’
- Under ‘Server Overview,’ you’ll find the current server icon. Click on it to open the ‘Edit Server’ window.
- In the ‘Edit Server’ window, paste the direct link or URL of your animated icon in the provided field.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’ to apply your new animated server icon.
Step 4: Enjoying Your Animated Icon
Congratulations! You’ve successfully set an animated server icon for free on Discord. Your server will now display your chosen animation whenever someone views it, adding a dynamic touch to your community.
If you decide to remove or change your animated icon in the future, simply follow the same steps and replace the URL with a new one or remove it altogether. Make sure to save any changes you make during this process.
Now that you know how to get an animated Discord server icon for free, go ahead and add some life and personality to your server!