If you’re looking to create a Discord server but don’t want to start from scratch, using a server template can be a great option. Discord server templates are pre-made server setups that you can use as a foundation for your own server. In this article, we’ll explore how you can get a Discord server template and customize it to suit your needs.
What are Discord Server Templates?
Discord Server Templates are pre-configured servers that allow users to easily create their own servers with specific settings and channels already in place. They serve as a starting point for users who want to set up a new server quickly without going through the hassle of creating channels, permissions, and other configurations from scratch.
How to Get a Discord Server Template?
To get started with a Discord server template, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open your Discord application or access the Discord web version.
- Step 2: On the left-hand side of the screen, locate and click on the “+” button next to “Servers”.
- Step 3: In the “Create a Server” window, choose the “Template” option located at the top right corner.
- Step 4: Browse through various categories or use the search bar to find templates based on your interests or requirements.
- Step 5: Click on a template that you like to view more details about it.
- Step 6: After reviewing the details, click on the “Create” button.
If you want to create a server from a template, you need to have the “Manage Server” permission on your account.
Customizing a Discord Server Template
Once you’ve created a server using a template, you can customize it to make it unique and fit your needs. Here are some ways you can customize your Discord server:
- Server Name: Change the name of your server to something that reflects its purpose or community.
- Channels: Modify or delete existing channels and create new ones to suit your server’s needs.
- Roles and Permissions: Customize roles and permissions for different members of your community, allowing them access to specific channels or commands.
- Server Icon: Upload a custom icon that represents your server’s identity.
- Bots and Integrations: Add bots and integrations to enhance functionality and automate certain tasks within your server.
Sharing Your Own Server as a Template
If you’ve created an amazing Discord server setup that you think others might find useful, you can share it as a template for others to use. To share your own server as a template, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the server that you want to share as a template in Discord.
- Step 2: Go to the “Server Settings”.
- Step 3: In the left sidebar, click on “Template”.
- Step 4: Click on the “Share Template!”
- Step 5: In the pop-up window, customize the template name and description.
- Step 6: Click on the “Generate Template Invite” button.
- Step 7: Copy the generated invite link and share it with others.
By sharing your server as a template, you can help other Discord users get started with a similar server setup.
In this article, we explored how you can get a Discord server template and customize it to suit your needs. Whether you want to start your own server quickly or share your own server setup with others, Discord templates provide a convenient way to create and customize servers. So go ahead, explore different templates, or create your own unique server for an engaging Discord experience!