Are you curious about who owns a Discord server? Whether you’re a member of a server and want to find out who’s in charge or you’re just curious about the ownership of a specific server, this article will guide you through the process. Let’s explore some methods to find out who owns a Discord server.
Method 1: Check Server Information
The first and easiest method to find out the owner of a Discord server is by checking the server information. To do this:
- Open Discord and navigate to the server in question.
- Right-click on the server name located at the top left corner of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Server Settings.”
- In the Server Settings menu, click on “Members” on the left-hand side.
Note: You need to have proper permissions in the server to access its settings.
In the Members section, you’ll see a list of all members in the server. The owner will be indicated by a crown icon next to their name.
The owner’s username will also be displayed at the top with an “@”. This method is simple and straightforward if you have access to view members’ information.
Method 2: Contact Server Admins or Moderators
If you can’t access the server settings or need further confirmation, another method is to contact admins or moderators of the server. They usually have more information about ownership and can provide clarification. Here’s how:
- In Discord, go to the server in question.
- Look for members with roles such as “Admin” or “Moderator.” These roles often indicate that the person has more authority and knowledge about the server.
- Send a direct message to one of these members and politely inquire about the server’s ownership. They should be able to provide you with the necessary information.
Note: Remember to be respectful and considerate when approaching server admins or moderators. They may not always be available or willing to disclose ownership details.
Method 3: Utilize Third-Party Bots
If the above methods don’t yield satisfactory results, you can try utilizing third-party Discord bots. These bots offer additional features and functionalities beyond what Discord provides by default. Here’s how you can use them:
- Search for a reputable Discord bot that offers server information features like displaying the server owner.
- Add the bot to your own server by following their specific instructions. Usually, this involves authorizing the bot with your Discord account and granting necessary permissions.
- Once the bot is added, invite it to the Target server where you want to find out the owner.
- Use specific commands provided by the bot to retrieve information about the server, including owner details.
Note: Make sure to research and choose a trusted and reliable Discord bot from reputable sources. Be cautious while granting permissions and ensure they align with your privacy preferences.
Finding out who owns a Discord server can be done through various methods. The easiest way is by checking the server information within Discord itself.
If that doesn’t provide sufficient details, reaching out to admins or moderators can give you more insights. Additionally, utilizing third-party bots can offer alternative solutions if other methods fail.
Remember, it’s important to respect privacy and boundaries when inquiring about server ownership. Always seek permission and be polite when interacting with others, especially server admins or moderators.
I hope this article has helped you understand how to find out who owns a Discord server. Happy exploring!