Are you trying to find your server ID in Discord? Look no further! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of locating your server ID step by step.
What is a Server ID?
A server ID is a unique identifier assigned to each server in Discord. It helps distinguish one server from another, especially when you are managing multiple servers or need to perform certain administrative tasks.
Finding Your Server ID
To find your server ID, follow these simple steps:
- Open Discord: Launch the Discord application on your device and log in with your credentials.
- Select Server: From the left sidebar, click on the server name for which you want to find the server ID. This will open the server dashboard.
- Enable Developer Mode: In order to access advanced options, we need to enable “Developer Mode” in Discord. To do this, navigate to User Settings by clicking on the gear icon at the bottom left corner of the screen. Then, go to “Advanced” under “App Settings”.
Scroll down until you find the “Developer Mode” option and toggle it on.
- Right-click Server Icon: Go back to your desired server’s dashboard and right-click on its icon (usually located at the top left corner). This will open up a context menu with various options.
- Select Copy ID: In the context menu, hover over “Copy ID”. A sub-menu will appear showing two options: “Copy ID” and “Copy Message Link”. Click on “Copy ID”.
Congratulations! You have successfully copied your server’s unique identification code to your clipboard.
Using the Server ID
Once you have your server ID, you can use it for various purposes:
- Bots and APIs: If you want to add a bot or integrate any third-party API with your server, you will often be required to provide the server ID to authorize the bot or API.
- Administrative Tasks: Some administrative tasks, such as banning or kicking users via Discord’s API, may also require the server ID for proper identification.
- Support Requests: When seeking help from Discord support or participating in forums, providing your server ID can assist in troubleshooting specific issues related to your server.
Finding your server ID in Discord is a simple process that involves enabling developer mode and copying the unique identification code. Remember to exercise caution when sharing your server ID and only provide it to trusted sources or services that require it for legitimate purposes.
Now that you know how to find your server ID, you can confidently navigate Discord’s features and utilize them to enhance your server management experience!