Are you experiencing network connectivity issues on your PS4? One of the troubleshooting steps you can take is to check your DNS server settings.
The DNS (Domain Name System) server converts website addresses (URLs) into IP addresses, allowing your console to connect to the internet. In this article, we will guide you on how to find your DNS server on PS4 and make any necessary changes.
Why should you check your DNS server?
Before we dive into the steps, let’s understand why checking your DNS server could potentially resolve network issues on your PS4. Sometimes, the default DNS server provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may not be reliable or fast enough. By changing to a more stable and faster DNS server, you can potentially improve your online gaming experience and overall connectivity.
Finding your DNS Server on PS4
To find your DNS server on PS4, follow these simple steps:
- Power on your PS4 and navigate to the Main Menu.
- Scroll down and select “Settings”.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and select “Network”.
- Select “Set Up Internet Connection”.
- Choose either “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use LAN Cable”, depending on how you connect to the internet.
- If using Wi-Fi, select your Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. If using a LAN cable, make sure it is connected properly.
- Select “Custom” when prompted with the connection method.
- You will now be asked to choose your IP Address Settings.
Select “Automatic” for IP Address settings.
- For the DHCP Host Name, select “Do Not Specify”.
- Select “Manual” when prompted with the DNS Settings.
- Enter your primary DNS server address. This can be provided by your ISP or you can use a public DNS server like Google’s DNS (8.8.8) or Cloudflare’s DNS (1.1.1).
- If you have a secondary DNS server, enter it as well. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Select “Next” and proceed with the remaining settings unless you need specific configurations for your network.
- Select “Test Internet Connection” to verify if the changes to your DNS server have improved your connectivity.
Congratulations! You have successfully found and configured your DNS server on PS4.
Checking and changing your DNS server on PS4 is a simple yet effective way to potentially resolve network connectivity issues. By using a reliable and fast DNS server, you can enhance your online gaming experience and improve overall internet performance on your console. Remember to test the internet connection after making any changes to ensure everything is functioning correctly.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through finding and configuring your DNS server on PS4. Happy gaming!