Welcome to this tutorial on how to find your DNS server on your LG Smart TV. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to locate this information on your device.
What is a DNS Server?
Before we dive into the process, let’s quickly understand what a DNS server is. DNS stands for Domain Name System and it acts as a directory for the internet. When you type in a website address, the DNS server translates it into an IP address so that your device can connect to the website’s server.
Finding Your DNS Server
To find your DNS server on your LG Smart TV, follow these simple steps:
- Power on your LG Smart TV: Make sure your TV is turned on and connected to the internet.
- Navigate to the Settings menu: On your remote control, press the “Home” button and then select “Settings” from the menu.
- Select Network: In the Settings menu, choose “Network” to access network-related options.
- Select Wi-Fi Connection: If you are using Wi-Fi to connect your LG Smart TV to the internet, select “Wi-Fi Connection. “
- Select Advanced Wi-Fi Settings: In the Wi-Fi Connection menu, choose “Advanced Wi-Fi Settings.
- Select IP Settings: In Advanced Wi-Fi Settings, navigate to “IP Settings. “
- DNS Information: Under IP Settings, you will find various options including “DNS Information.” Select this option.
Note: Wired Connection
If you are using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi, the steps will be similar. However, instead of selecting “Wi-Fi Connection” in Step 4, you will choose the appropriate option for your wired connection.
Viewing Your DNS Server
After following the above steps, you will be able to view your DNS server information on your LG Smart TV. The DNS server details may include the primary and secondary DNS addresses, which are usually displayed as a series of numbers separated by periods.
It is important to note down this information as you might need it for troubleshooting purposes or if you want to manually configure your network settings.
In this tutorial, we have learned how to find the DNS server on an LG Smart TV. By accessing the network settings and navigating through a few menus, you can easily locate this information on your device. Remember to write down the DNS server details for future reference.
We hope this guide has been helpful in assisting you with finding your DNS server on your LG Smart TV. If you have any further questions or need additional support, please consult the LG support documentation or reach out to their customer service.