Are you new to Discord and wondering how to find a public server? Look no further!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process step by step. Let’s get started!
What is a Public Server?
A public server on Discord is a community-driven space where people with similar interests can gather, chat, and share content. These servers are open to anyone who wants to join and are a great way to connect with like-minded individuals.
How to Find a Public Server
Finding a public server on Discord is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Launch the Discord application or go to the Discord website and log in with your account credentials.
- Step 2: Once you’re logged in, locate the left-hand sidebar. It contains various sections such as Home, Friends, Servers, etc.
- Step 3: Click on the “Servers” section. This will display all the servers you are currently a member of.
- Step 4: At the bottom of the servers list, you’ll find a green “+” button labeled “Add a Server.” Click on it.
- Step 5: A pop-up window will appear with two options: “Create a Server” or “Join a Server.” Select the “Join a Server” option.
- Step 6: Now comes the fun part!
You can either enter an invite link provided by someone or browse through various server directories available online. Websites like Disboard.org offer a wide range of public servers categorized by interests.
- Step 7: Once you’ve found a server you want to join, copy its invite link and paste it into the invitation box. Click on the “Join” button.
- Step 8: Congratulations! You have successfully joined a public server on Discord. Enjoy interacting with your newfound community!
Tips for Finding the Right Public Server
Finding the right public server can greatly enhance your Discord experience. Here are some tips to help you find a server that suits your interests:
- Explore different categories: Browse through different categories available on server listing websites to find communities that align with your hobbies, gaming preferences, or professional interests.
- Read descriptions and rules: Before joining a server, take some time to read its description and rules. This will give you an idea of what the community is about and whether it aligns with your values.
- Check member count and activity: Look for servers with an active member base.
Higher member counts often indicate a more lively and engaging community.
- Engage in conversations: Once you join a server, don’t hesitate to introduce yourself and participate in discussions related to your interests. This will help you connect with other members and build meaningful relationships within the community.
Finding a public server on Discord is just a few clicks away. By following these steps and considering our tips, you’ll be able to find a community that suits your interests perfectly. So go ahead, explore, and enjoy all that Discord has to offer!