Active Scripting is a powerful feature in web browsers that allows websites to run scripts, enabling enhanced functionality and interactivity. However, by default, Active Scripting is often disabled for security reasons. In this tutorial, we will learn how to enable Active Scripting in popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Enabling Active Scripting in Chrome:
To enable Active Scripting in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome Settings: Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the browser window and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Select Site Settings: Under “Privacy and security,” click on “Site Settings.”
- Enable Active Scripting: Toggle the switch next to “Allowed (recommended)” to enable Active Scripting.
Enabling Active Scripting in Firefox:
To enable Active Scripting in Mozilla Firefox, follow these steps:
- Open Firefox Options: Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the browser window and select “Options. “
- Select Content: In the left sidebar of the Options page, click on “Privacy & Security.
Enabling Active Scripting in Internet Explorer:
To enable Active Scripting in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Options: Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the browser window and select “Internet Options. “
- Select Security Tab: In the Internet Options window, navigate to the “Security” tab.
- Customize Security Level: Within the Security tab, click on “Custom level.
- Enable Active Scripting: Scroll down until you find “Active scripting” under “Scripting.” Select “Enable” to enable Active Scripting.
Please exercise caution when enabling Active Scripting, as it can pose security risks if used on untrusted websites. It is recommended to keep your browser and antivirus software up to date for a safer browsing experience.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled Active Scripting in popular browsers. Enjoy enhanced functionality and interactivity while browsing websites that utilize this feature!