How Do I Copy an Entire Discord Server?
If you’re an active member of a Discord server and want to create a new server with similar settings, roles, channels, and permissions, you might be wondering if there’s an easy way to copy an entire Discord server. While there isn’t a built-in feature in Discord to clone a server directly, there are some workarounds that can help you achieve this.
In this tutorial, we will explore two methods to copy an entire Discord server.
Method 1: Manual Server Copy
This method involves manually recreating the server settings, roles, channels, and permissions in the new server. It requires administrative access to both the source and destination servers.
Step 1: Create a New Server
To start the process of copying your Discord server, create a new server by following these steps:
- Open Discord and click on the “+” button located on the left sidebar.
- Select “Create My Own” or “For A Community” depending on your needs.
- Choose an appropriate name and region for your new server.
- Click on the “Create” button to finalize the creation of your new server.
Step 2: Configure Server Settings
To configure your new server settings as per the original one:
- Go to your original server and click on the down arrow next to its name.
- Select “Server Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate through each tab (Overview, Roles, Channels) and make note of all settings you want to replicate.
- Switch to the new server and follow the same steps to configure the settings accordingly.
Step 3: Create Roles and Permissions
Roles and permissions play a vital role in managing a Discord server. To recreate them:
- In your original server, go to “Server Settings” and select the “Roles” tab.
- Create roles by clicking on the “+” button and configure their respective permissions.
- Repeat this process in your new server, ensuring that roles and permissions match with the original server.
Step 4: Recreate Channels
Channels are where conversations happen in a Discord server. Follow these steps to recreate them:
- In your original server, go to “Server Settings” and select the “Channels” tab.
- Create channels by clicking on the “+” button and set their names, topics, types, etc.
- Repeat this process in your new server, creating channels with identical names, topics, types, etc.
Method 2: Using Bots for Server Copy
This method involves using Discord bots that offer server cloning features. One such popular bot is MEE6. Here’s how you can utilize it:
Step 1: Invite MEE6 Bot to Your Server
To invite MEE6 bot to your servers:
- Visit the MEE6 website (https://mee6.xyz/) and click on “Login” at the top right corner of the page.
- Authorize MEE6 to access your Discord account and select the server you want to copy.
- Grant the necessary permissions for MEE6 to function properly.
- Repeat this process for your new server.
Step 2: Clone Your Server
To clone your server using MEE6:
- In your original server, type “!backup create” in any text channel where MEE6 is present.
- MEE6 will start creating a backup of your server that includes roles, channels, permissions, and more.
- In your new server, type “!backup load” in any text channel where MEE6 is present.
- MEE6 will load the backup and recreate the entire server structure in your new server.
By following these steps, you can successfully copy an entire Discord server using MEE6 bot.
Note: While using bots like MEE6 can be convenient for server copying, it’s important to review their documentation and ensure that they meet your requirements. Additionally, make sure to follow any terms of service or guidelines provided by the bot developers.
While Discord doesn’t offer a built-in feature to copy an entire server, you can manually recreate the settings, roles, channels, and permissions in a new server. Alternatively, using bots like MEE6 can streamline the process by automating the cloning procedure.
Choose the method that suits your needs best and enjoy duplicating Discord servers hassle-free!