Are you a fan of the popular survival game DAYZ and want to connect your server to Discord? Look no further! In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step on how to connect your DAYZ server to Discord, allowing you and your friends to stay connected and communicate effortlessly during gameplay.
Step 1: Create a Discord Server
Before we begin, make sure you have a Discord server set up. If you don’t have one yet, head over to the Discord website or use the mobile app to create a new server. Give it a catchy name and invite your friends to join.
Step 2: Install a Bot
To connect your DAYZ server to Discord, we’ll be using a bot called DayzStatusBot. This bot will automatically update the status of your DAYZ server in your Discord channel.
- Go to the DayzStatusBot page on GitHub: Open your web browser and navigate to https://github.com/yourlink.
- Download the bot: Click on the “Download” button to save the bot’s files onto your computer.
- Create an application in Discord Developer Portal: Open another tab in your browser and go to https://discord.com/developers/applications. Create a new application and give it a name.
- Add a bot user: In the settings of your newly created application, navigate to “Bot” and click on “Add Bot”. Confirm when prompted.
- Copy the token: Under the “Token” section, click on “Copy” to save the bot’s token to your clipboard.
Keep this token secure and do not share it with anyone.
- Invite the bot to your server: Scroll up and click on “OAuth2”. In the “Scopes” section, select “bot”, and in the “Bot Permissions” section, choose “Administrator”. Copy the generated invite link and open it in a new tab. Select your server and authorize the bot.
Step 3: Configure the Bot
Now that you have installed the DayzStatusBot and invited it to your Discord server, it’s time to configure it.
- Locate the downloaded bot files: Open File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and navigate to the folder where you saved the DayzStatusBot files.
- Edit the configuration file: Open the file named “config.json” using a text editor of your choice (e.g., Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code).
- Paste your bot token: Look for the line that says “token”: “”, and paste your bot token between the empty quotes.
- Add your DAYZ server IP address: Find the line that says “ip”: “”, and enter your DAYZ server’s IP address between the quotes.
- Add your DAYZ server port number: Look for the line that says “port”: , and enter your DAYZ server’s port number after the colon.
Step 4: Run the Bot
You’re almost there! It’s time to run the DayzStatusBot and connect your DAYZ server to Discord.
- Open your command prompt: On Windows, press the Windows key + R, type “cmd”, and hit Enter.
On Mac, press Command + Space, search for “Terminal”, and open it.
- Navigate to the bot’s installation folder: Use the “cd” command followed by the path to the folder where you saved the DayzStatusBot files.
- Install required dependencies: Type “npm install” and hit Enter to install the necessary dependencies for the bot to run smoothly.
- Start the bot: Once the installation is complete, type “npm start” and hit Enter. The bot should now be up and running!
Step 5: Check Discord Channel
Head back to your Discord server and check your channel. You should see a message from the DayzStatusBot indicating that it has successfully connected to your DAYZ server. Whenever there are changes in your server’s status, such as players joining or leaving, this bot will automatically update it in real-time.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your DAYZ server to Discord using the DayzStatusBot.
Now you can enjoy seamless communication with your friends while surviving in the intense world of DAYZ. Happy gaming!
Note: Make sure to keep both your DAYZ server and Discord server updated for optimal performance.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out in our Discord community or refer to the official documentation provided by DayzStatusBot on their GitHub page.