Discord is a popular platform for online communication and community building, allowing users to create and manage their own servers. However, there may be situations where you want to clone a Discord server without having admin access. In this tutorial, we’ll explore how you can achieve this using a few simple steps.
Step 1: Join the Discord Server
Firstly, you need to join the Discord server that you want to clone. To do this, you can either obtain an invitation link from someone who is already a member of the server or search for public servers using the Discord server directory.
Step 2: Create a New Server
Once you have joined the server, it’s time to create your own server where you will clone the existing one. To create a new server:
- Click on the ‘+’ button: In the left sidebar of your Discord application, locate and click on the ‘+’ button next to “Server”.
- Select “Create A Server”: A pop-up window will appear with two options.
Select “Create A Server” to proceed.
- Name your server: Give your new server a name and choose its region. You can also upload an icon if desired.
- Create your server: Click on the “Create” button to finalize creating your new server.
Step 3: Set Up Channels
Now that you have created your own server, it’s time to set up channels similar to those in the original server. To do this:
- Create text channels: On the left sidebar of your new server, click on the ‘+’ button next to “Text Channels”. Name your channels and create as many as you need.
- Create voice channels: Similarly, click on the ‘+’ button next to “Voice Channels” to create voice channels in your new server.
Step 4: Configure Roles and Permissions
To ensure that your cloned server functions properly, you need to configure roles and permissions. Here’s how:
- Click on “Server Settings”: On the right side of your Discord application, locate and click on the down arrow next to your server’s name.
From the drop-down menu, select “Server Settings”.
- Navigate to “Roles”: In the left sidebar of the Server Settings menu, click on “Roles”.
- Create roles: Click on the ‘+’ button to create roles similar to those in the original server. Assign appropriate permissions to each role.
- Assign roles: Once you have created roles, navigate back to the members list and assign roles to users as needed.
Step 5: Invite Members
To make your cloned server active and engaging, invite members who were part of the original server. To invite members:
- Navigate to “Server Settings”: Similar to Step 4, click on the down arrow next to your server’s name and select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to “Members”: In the left sidebar of Server Settings, click on “Members”.
- Invite members: Click on the ‘+’ button next to “Members” and enter the usernames or email addresses of the users you want to invite.
With these steps, you can clone a Discord server without admin access. Remember to respect the privacy and rules of the original server and ensure that you have appropriate permissions for any content or actions you perform in your cloned server.
Note: Cloning a Discord server without admin access may limit certain features and functionalities available in the original server.