Discord is a popular communication platform used by gamers, communities, and businesses alike. One of the key features of Discord is the ability to customize your server’s appearance, including changing the server icon or image. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of changing the image on your Discord server.
Step 1: Accessing Server Settings
To change the image on your Discord server, you need to have administrative privileges. Once you have those, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and select your desired server from the left sidebar.
- Click on the down arrow next to the server name to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu. This will open a new window.
Step 2: Changing Server Image
Now that you are in the Server Settings window, follow these steps to change your server’s image:
- In the left sidebar of the Server Settings window, click on “Overview”.
- In the Overview tab, locate and click on your current server icon or image. This will open a file explorer window.
- Browse and select the desired image file from your computer.
- After selecting the image file, click on “Open” to confirm your selection.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the image on your Discord server. The new image will be visible to all members of your server.
Tips for Choosing an Image
When choosing an image for your Discord server, keep these tips in mind:
- Size: Discord recommends a square image with a minimum size of 512×512 pixels.
- Relevance: Choose an image that represents the theme or purpose of your server.
- Visibility: Ensure that the image is clear and easily recognizable, even at smaller sizes.
Additional Server Customization
Changing the server image is just one way to customize your Discord server. Discord offers many other customization options, including:
- Server Name and Region: You can change the name of your server and select a preferred region for better performance.
- Welcome Channel: Set up a channel for new members to receive a warm welcome message when they join your server.
- Roles and Permissions: Customize roles and permissions to manage access and privileges within your server.
Exploring these customization options can help you create a unique and engaging environment for your Discord community.
In conclusion, changing the image on your Discord server is a simple process that allows you to personalize your server’s appearance. Remember to choose an appropriate image that reflects the theme or purpose of your server.
Additionally, take advantage of other customization options offered by Discord to further enhance your community’s experience. Now go ahead and make your Discord server visually appealing!