How Do I Change the Image of a Discord Server?
Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to create servers for various purposes. Changing the image, also known as the server icon, of a Discord server is a simple process that can help personalize your server and make it stand out. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to change the image of a Discord server.
Step 1: Open Discord
To get started, open the Discord application on your computer or launch it from your web browser. Make sure you are logged in to your account.
Step 2: Select Your Server
In the left sidebar, locate and select the server for which you want to change the image. This will open up the server’s settings.
Step 3: Access Server Settings
In the top-left corner of the screen, click on the server’s name to access its settings. This will open a dropdown menu.
- If you are using Discord on a computer:
- Click on “Server Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- If you are using Discord on a mobile device:
- Tap on “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Server Settings” from the list that appears.
Step 4: Change Server Icon
In the server settings menu, navigate to the “Overview” tab if you are not already there. Here, you will find an option to change your server’s icon.
Click on the current server icon to open the “Change Server Icon” dialog box.
Note: The server icon should ideally be a square image with a recommended size of 512×512 pixels. Discord supports various image formats such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
Step 5: Upload or Select an Image
In the “Change Server Icon” dialog box, you have two options to change your server’s icon:
- Upload an Image:
- Click on “Upload Image”. This will open your computer’s file explorer (or mobile device’s gallery).
- Select the image file you want to use as your server icon and click “Open” (or equivalent).
- The selected image will be uploaded and set as your server’s new icon.
- Select an Image from Library:
- If you prefer not to upload a custom image, you can select one from Discord’s library.
- Click on “Choose an Icon”. This will display a collection of pre-made icons provided by Discord.
- Browse through the available icons and click on the one you want to use for your server.
- The selected icon will be set as your server’s new icon.
Step 6: Save Changes
After uploading or selecting a new image, make sure to click on the “Save Changes” button located at the bottom-right corner of the dialog box. This will apply your changes and update the server’s icon.
You have successfully changed the image of your Discord server. Your server will now display the new icon, reflecting the personal touch you have added.
Remember, you can always repeat these steps to change the server icon whenever you want. Experiment with different images to find the perfect representation for your Discord community.
Thank you for reading this tutorial! We hope it was helpful in guiding you through the process of changing a Discord server’s image. Happy customizing!