Are you tired of the default icon on your Discord server? Do you want to make your server stand out from the others?
Well, you’re in luck! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of changing the icon on one Discord server.
Step 1: Accessing Server Settings
To change the icon on a specific Discord server, you need to have the necessary permissions. Start by opening Discord and selecting the server where you want to make changes.
Once you’re on the server, locate and click on the downward arrow beside the server name. This will reveal a drop-down menu.
Step 2: Opening Server Settings
From the drop-down menu, select “Server Settings.” This will open a new window with various options related to your server.
Step 3: Changing Server Icon
In the left-hand sidebar of the Server Settings window, look for “Overview.” This option is usually at or near the top of the list. Click on it to access additional settings for your server.
Option A: Uploading an Image
If you want to upload an image as your new icon, look for “Server Icon” under Overview. Click on “Change Icon”, and a file explorer window will appear.
- Navigate through your files and select an image that meets Discord’s requirements:
- – Must be in PNG or JPEG format
- – Recommended size is 512×512 pixels
- – Maximum file size is 8MB
- Once you’ve selected the image, click on “Open” to upload it.
Option B: Using an Emoji as the Icon
If you prefer using an emoji as your server icon, follow these steps:
- Type a colon (:) in the “Server Icon” text box under Overview.
- A list of available emojis will appear. Start typing to search for the emoji you want to use.
- Select the desired emoji from the list by clicking on it. The chosen emoji will now be your server icon.
Step 4: Saving Changes
After you have uploaded an image or selected an emoji as your new server icon, click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom right corner of the Server Settings window. Discord will apply the changes, and your server will now have a brand new icon!
Congratulations! You’ve successfully changed the icon on one Discord server. Now, sit back and enjoy the fresh look of your server!
Note: Remember that only users with appropriate permissions can change a Discord server’s icon. If you don’t have permission, reach out to a server administrator or owner for assistance.