How Do I Change My Server Identity in Discord?
Discord is a popular platform for gamers, creators, and communities to connect and communicate. If you are a server owner or administrator on Discord, you might want to change your server’s identity at some point.
This can include changing the server name, icon, or even the region. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to change your server’s identity in Discord.
Changing the Server Name
If you want to give your server a new name or update its existing name, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your Discord account and navigate to the server for which you want to change the identity.
- Once you are in the desired server, locate the server settings by clicking on the small down arrow next to the server name.
- In the dropdown menu that appears, click on “Server Settings”.
- A new window will open with various options for your server. Look for the “Overview” tab.
- Under the “Server Name” section, you will see your current server name. Click on it to edit.
- Type in your new desired server name and hit Enter or click outside of the text box.
Note: Changing your server name comes with certain limitations. You can only change it twice within an hour per server and not more than 2 times within a 24-hour period.
Updating Server Icon
The server icon is a graphical representation of your community or game group. It helps users quickly identify and associate with your server. To update or change your server icon:
- Follow steps 1 to 4 mentioned in the previous section to access the server settings.
- Look for the “Overview” tab, if not already selected.
- Under the “Server Icon” section, you will find your current server icon. Click on it to upload a new one from your local system.
- Select an image file from your computer and click “Open”.
- Discord will automatically update the server icon with your newly chosen image.
Note: The recommended size for a Discord server icon is 512×512 pixels. Discord supports various image formats such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
Changing Server Region
If you are experiencing issues with voice chat quality or latency, changing your server region can help improve the overall experience. Here’s how you can do it:
- Access the server settings by following steps 1 to 4 mentioned earlier.
- In the left sidebar, locate and click on the “Server Boost” option.
- In this section, you will find a dropdown menu labeled “Server Region”. Click on it to view available options.
- Select a different region that is geographically closer to your location or has better connectivity.
Note: Changing your server region might affect voice chat quality for members located in different regions. It’s advisable to inform your community before making any changes.
Modifying your server’s identity in Discord can help keep things fresh and appealing for your community. Whether it’s changing the name, updating the icon, or tweaking the region settings, these simple steps allow you to customize and improve your server. Remember to be mindful of the limitations and potential impact on your members while making any changes.