Are you looking to personalize your Discord server and give it a unique identity? One of the simplest ways to achieve this is by changing the server icon. Whether you’re using Discord on your phone or tablet, this tutorial will guide you through the process step-by-step.
Changing Your Discord Server Icon on Mobile
If you’re using Discord on your phone, follow these easy steps to change your server icon:
Step 1: Open Discord
Unlock your phone and locate the Discord app. Tap on its icon to open it.
Step 2: Navigate to Your Server
Once you’re inside the app, navigate to the server for which you want to change the icon. You can do this by tapping on the three horizontal lines located at the top-left corner of your screen. This will open a side menu.
- Note: If you can’t find your desired server in the side menu, swipe left or right until you locate it.
Step 3: Access Server Settings
In the side menu, scroll down until you see “Settings.” It is represented by a gear icon. Tap on it to access your server settings.
Step 4: Change Server Icon
In the server settings menu, look for “Server Icon” near the top of your screen. It will display your current server logo. Tap on it.
Step 5: Choose a New Image
You’ll be presented with two options:
- Take Photo: Use this option if you want to take a photo with your device’s camera and use it as your server icon.
- Upload Photo: This option allows you to choose an image from your device’s gallery or file manager app.
Choose the option that suits you and select the image you want to use as your server icon.
Step 6: Confirm the Change
After selecting an image, Discord will display a preview of how it will look as your server icon. If you’re satisfied, tap on “Save” or “Confirm” to apply the change.
Tips for Choosing a Server Icon
Your server icon is a representation of your community, so it’s important to choose something that reflects its theme or purpose. Here are some tips:
- Keep it Simple: A clean and straightforward design tends to work best as a server icon, especially when viewed on smaller screens like phones.
- Consistency: If you already have branding elements such as logo colors or typography associated with your community, try incorporating them into your server icon for consistency.
- Avoid Clutter: Ensure that your chosen image is easily recognizable and doesn’t become too cluttered when scaled down to a smaller size.
In conclusion, changing the server icon on Discord is a quick way to customize and personalize your community. By following these steps and keeping some design considerations in mind, you can create an eye-catching and representative server icon that enhances the overall experience for yourself and other members of your community.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process of changing your Discord server icon on mobile. Enjoy creating an identity for your servers!