Discord is a popular platform for communication among gamers, communities, and friends. One of the key features of Discord is the ability to verify users on a server.
Verification adds an extra layer of security and ensures that only trusted members have access to certain channels or features. In this tutorial, we will learn how to add verification to a Discord server.
Step 1: Creating a Role
To start with, we need to create a role that will be given to verified members. This role will grant them access to specific channels or features.
- Open your Discord server and navigate to the “Roles” settings.
- Click on the “Create Role” button.
- Name the role something like “Verified” or “Member”.
- Customize the role’s permissions as per your requirements.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
Step 2: Setting Up Verification Channel
We need a dedicated channel where users can verify themselves. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Create a new text channel specifically for verification purposes.
- Name it something like “verification” or “verify-here”.
- Set appropriate permissions for this channel so that only new members can access it initially.
Step 3: Writing Verification Instructions
In this step, we will write instructions that guide new members on how to get verified:
Note: Make sure to include all relevant details and any additional requirements you may have for verification process.
- Type out the instructions in a clear and concise manner.
- Include any rules or guidelines that users need to follow while verifying themselves.
- Emphasize the importance of verification for maintaining a safe and secure community.
Step 4: Automating the Verification Process
To make the verification process smooth and efficient, we can use Discord bots. Here’s how you can set it up:
- Choose a reliable bot that supports verification functionality. Popular choices include MEE6, Dyno, or YAGPDB.
- Add the chosen bot to your server by following their respective documentation.
- Configure the bot’s settings to enable verification and link it with the previously created role.
- Test the bot by joining your server as a new member and following the verification instructions.
Step 5: Promoting Verified Members
Once users have successfully verified themselves, it’s important to promote them to the verified role. This will grant them access to desired channels or features. Here’s how:
- In your Discord server settings, go to “Members” tab.
- Locate the user who has completed the verification process.
- Add them manually to the “Verified” role you created earlier.
Congratulations! You have successfully added verification to your Discord server. Now, only trusted members will have access to specific channels or features, ensuring a safer and more secure environment for everyone!
Note: Remember to regularly monitor and manage your server’s members and roles for optimal security and community management.
I hope this tutorial was helpful in guiding you through the process of adding verification to your Discord server. Enjoy your verified community and happy gaming!