Discord is a popular platform for communication and collaboration, especially among gamers and communities. One of the great features of Discord is the ability to customize your server with templates.
Templates allow you to create a pre-configured server setup that can be easily shared and replicated by others. In this article, we will explore how to add templates to a Discord server.
What are Discord Server Templates?
Discord server templates are essentially a snapshot of your server’s settings, channels, roles, and permissions. They provide an easy way to create new servers with a consistent structure and configuration.
When you create a template, it saves all the settings you’ve chosen for your server so that others can use them as a starting point. This includes channel categories, text channels, voice channels, roles, permissions, and more.
How to Create a Server Template
Creating a server template in Discord is straightforward:
- Open your Discord server: Launch the Discord application or open Discord in your web browser.
- Select the desired server: Choose the server for which you want to create a template.
- Navigate to Server Settings: Click on the down arrow next to the server name on the top left corner to open the drop-down menu. From there, select “Server Settings”.
- Select “Templates”: In the left sidebar of the Server Settings page, click on “Templates”.
- Create Template: Click on the “Create Template” button.
- Name Your Template: Give your template an appropriate name that reflects its purpose or theme.
- Add Description (Optional): You can also provide a brief description for your template to help others understand its purpose.
- Select Privacy Level: Choose whether you want the template to be public or private. Public templates can be accessed and used by anyone, while private templates require an invitation link to use.
- Save Your Template: Click on the “Save” button to create your server template.
Once your template is saved, it will be listed in the “Templates” section of your server settings. From there, you can share it with others or use it as a starting point for new servers.
How to Add a Template to a Discord Server
Adding a template to your Discord server is simple:
- Open Discord Server Settings: Navigate to the server where you want to add the template and open the Server Settings page.
- Navigate to Templates: In the left sidebar of the Server Settings page, click on “Templates”.
- Browse Templates: Browse through the available templates or search for a specific template using keywords.
- Select Template: Once you find a template you like, click on it to view more details.
- Preview Template (Optional): If available, you can preview the template before adding it to your server.
- Add Template: Click on the “Add Template” button to add it to your server. Discord will apply the template’s settings and channels while preserving existing roles and members.
Note that adding a template will replace the existing channels and settings of your server with the template’s configuration. Make sure to review the template and its effects before adding it.
Server templates are a powerful tool in Discord that allows you to easily create and share server configurations. Whether you want to set up a new community, gaming, or hobby server, templates provide a streamlined way to get started without having to manually configure everything from scratch.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to create and add templates to your Discord servers with ease. Remember to choose appropriate names and privacy levels for your templates, and always review them before applying to ensure they meet your specific needs.
Utilizing Discord templates can save you time, effort, and ensure consistency across different servers. So go ahead, get creative with your server setups, and make the most out of this fantastic feature!