How Do I Add Spotify to My Discord Server?
Discord is a popular communication platform for gamers, allowing users to chat through text, voice, and video. One of the great features of Discord is the ability to integrate various third-party applications, including music streaming services like Spotify.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of adding Spotify to your Discord server.
Step 1: Connecting Your Spotify Account
Before we can add Spotify to your Discord server, you need to connect your Spotify account with your Discord account. Follow these simple steps:
- Open Discord and click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner to access User Settings.
- In the left sidebar menu, select “Connections”.
- Under “Connect Your Accounts”, locate the Spotify logo and click on it.
- A new window will open asking for permission to connect your Spotify account. Click on “Agree” to proceed.
- You will be redirected back to Discord where you can customize your settings for displaying your Spotify status.
- Make sure the “Display Spotify as your status” option is enabled if you want others to see what you’re listening to.
Step 2: Adding the Spotify Bot to Your Server
Now that your accounts are connected, it’s time to add the official Spotify bot to your Discord server. The bot will provide additional features and allow you and other members of the server to listen together. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open a web browser and visit the official website of FredBoat (https://fredboat.com).
- Click on the “Invite” button to add the bot to your Discord server.
- You will be redirected to the Discord authorization page. Select the server where you want to add the Spotify bot and click “Continue”.
- Follow the prompts to grant necessary permissions and complete the process.
Step 3: Using Spotify on Your Discord Server
With Spotify and the Spotify bot added to your Discord server, you can now start enjoying music together with your friends. Here are some useful commands you can use:
- !play <song or artist>: This command allows you to request a specific song or artist to play in a voice channel.
- !pause: Pauses the currently playing song.
- !resume: Resumes playback of a paused song.
- !skip: Skips the current song and moves on to the next one in the queue.
- !volume <number>: Adjusts the volume of FredBoat. The default is set at 100.
If you want to listen privately, create a separate voice channel for yourself or a select group of friends. This way, you can enjoy music without disturbing others in your Discord server.
If you encounter any issues or need further assistance with using Spotify on your Discord server, make sure to visit FredBoat’s support channels for help and troubleshooting tips.
Congratulations! You have successfully added Spotify to your Discord server. Now you can listen to your favorite tunes with friends and enjoy a more immersive gaming experience.