Discord is a popular platform for communication among gamers, and adding emojis to your server can greatly enhance the overall experience. One of the most sought-after features on Discord is the ability to use Nitro emojis, which are animated emojis exclusive to Discord Nitro subscribers. In this article, we will learn how to add Nitro emojis to your Discord server.
Step 1: Get Discord Nitro
If you don’t already have Discord Nitro, you will need to subscribe to it. Open Discord and navigate to your User Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. From there, select “Nitro” from the left-hand menu and follow the prompts to subscribe.
Step 2: Navigate to Your Server Settings
Once you have subscribed to Nitro, open Discord and navigate to your desired server where you want to add Nitro emojis. Locate the server name at the top left corner of the screen and right-click on it.
From the context menu that appears, select “Server Settings. “
Step 3: Access Emoji Settings
In your Server Settings menu, look for a tab labeled “Emoji.” Click on it to access all emoji-related settings for your server.
Step 4: Upload Nitro Emojis
To add a Nitro emoji, click on the “Upload Emoji” button located towards the top right corner of the Emoji settings page. A file explorer window will open allowing you to browse and select an image file for your emoji.
- Note: The image file should be in either PNG or GIF format and must be under 256kb in size.
- Tips: It’s recommended to use transparent backgrounds for better integration of the emoji with your server’s theme.
Once you have selected the desired image file, Discord will prompt you to enter a name for your Nitro emoji. This name will be used as a shortcode to display the emoji in your server.
Step 5: Save Changes
After entering a name for your Nitro emoji, click on the “Save” button located at the bottom right of the Emoji settings page. The Nitro emoji will now be uploaded and available for use on your server.
If you encounter any issues while uploading Nitro emojis, consider the following troubleshooting tips:
- Check File Format and Size: Ensure that your image file is in either PNG or GIF format and is under 256kb in size.
- Verify Permissions: Make sure you have the necessary permissions to upload emojis on your server. If you are not an admin or do not have appropriate roles, contact a server administrator for assistance.
- Refresh Discord: If the uploaded Nitro emojis are not visible immediately after uploading, try refreshing Discord by closing and reopening it. This should update the emoji list.
Congratulations! You have successfully added Nitro emojis to your Discord server. Now you can express yourself with animated emojis exclusive to Discord Nitro subscribers.
Note: Remember that only users with Discord Nitro can see and use these exclusive emojis. Other users will see them as static images instead of animations.
I hope this tutorial was helpful in guiding you through the process of adding Nitro emojis to your Discord server. Enjoy the enhanced communication experience and have fun expressing yourself with these unique emojis!